Fleet week docking question

I read on someone's post that Fleet Week will be happening as we return to NYC on the Joy on Sunday, May 26th.  Does anyone know how this will effect our docking?  It sounds as if the ships will be docked at MCT and there are only so many berths.  I would hope our spot is reserved but who knows!

I'm also parking at the pier so the hope is that we will be using the same berth which would make it much easier to access the parking area.

Just something new to stress over!  LOL!

I guess it can't be as bad as when we got back and the Westside Highway was closed off for a bike race.  That was fun.

• Like 1

Norwegian Joy will still dock as usual. There's a pretty good chance that you're going to be docked on the opposite side of the terminal from the USS Bataan. Most of the other ships are going to be docked elsewhere i.e. down by the Intrepid or over at Staten Island. You'd be surprised how small these navy ships are compared to something the size of Norwegian Joy. Probably expect more than usual traffic congestion along the waterfront, especially by cars and people that are showing up for tours. 

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/fleet-week-nyc#:~:text=Where is Fleet Week NYC,Here's the full event calendar.

https://cnrma.cnic.navy.mil/Operations-and-Management/Fleet-Week-New-York/

We cruised fleet week, it was going on during our departure, we were instructed to park at 90 next door, forgot that for a minute when we docked but eventually found our car.

Thank you for the replies!  Sounds like it shouldn't be an issue other than a little extra traffic (or misplacing the car!).  Probably going to be harder for those trying to board the ship.

In 2017 during Fleet Week, I was on the Gem. We went out of Pier 90 and returned the following week to Pier 88. In 2022 during fleet week on the Joy we departed from and returned to Pier 88. Both times we parked at Pier 90. I did not know until we arrived at the pier as the Fleet Week website was of no assistance. Good Luck and enjoy your cruise. 

1 hour ago, Mike A said:

In 2017 during Fleet Week, I was on the Gem. We went out of Pier 90 and returned the following week to Pier 88. In 2022 during fleet week on the Joy we departed from and returned to Pier 88. Both times we parked at Pier 90. I did not know until we arrived at the pier as the Fleet Week website was of no assistance. Good Luck and enjoy your cruise. 

Thanks!  Appreciate the information.  Guess I'll just have to wing it.

21 hours ago, Mike A said:

lol I think I was on that Gem cruise.

The Fleet Week ships arrived this morning.

BATAAN is docked at Pier 88 south. In the last screen grab you can see: (1) the tail end of the aircraft carrier Intrepid; (2) the Concorde; (3) USS BATAAN; and (4) Europa (with the orange and black funnel) docked at Pier 88 north. 

IMG_4711.jpeg

IMG_4714.jpeg

IMG_4720.jpeg

IMG_4723.jpeg

IMG_4738.jpeg

😁

Edited by dmwnc1959