I haven't been on Norwegian in about 6 years. Leaving in 11 days with them. I'm using their app for the first time. Do they send me a bar code to scan at check in? I have filled in the online check in but didn't see a bar code. Is my picture what we use? 

8 minutes ago, hallux said:

It's not in the app, you need either the PDF of the eDocs on your phone or bring the paper copy with you.

I may be misremembering, but I thought that I could access the bar code on the app when we boarded.

49 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

I may be misremembering, but I thought that I could access the bar code on the app when we boarded.

I have a vague memory of that too! But I could very well be wrong. 
Either way, if you want it on your phone you can open the document and make a screenshot of the bar code.

1 hour ago, KeithJenner said:

I didn't try on my last cruise, I just had the PDF on my phone with a paper backup in my backpack.

edocs, and thus the bar code, is available within the app.

but i recommend taking a screen shot of the bar code in case the app fails or you don't have phone or internet service at the pier. all you need to check in at the terminal is the bar code. but i do recommend you save a pdf of your edocs on your computer, phone or tablet.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2024 at 7:40 AM, UKstages said:

edocs, and thus the bar code, is available within the app.

but i recommend taking a screen shot of the bar code in case the app fails or you don't have phone or internet service at the pier. all you need to check in at the terminal is the bar code. but i do recommend you save a pdf of your edocs on your computer, phone or tablet.

I would also recommend not saving that photo until the day before sailing plus or minus.  

why?  It will closer to the top of your photo list opposed to buried three weeks ago! Depends how many photos you’ve taken. 

if you print them - use a PDF editing app to only have the names, dates and barcode - and print front and back for two names.  Saves paper. 

id be willing to bet they only need the reservation number and to see your passport. The rest of it is window dressing for the passenger. 

Edited by erisajd

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, erisajd said:

The rest of it is window dressing for the passenger. 

The rest of it is a record for the passenger of the items they pre-booked or paid for.  It shows excursions, dining and beverage packages, etc.  For some this is GOLD as it helps them figure out what they're supposed to get if something isn't as they expect.  It's also something they can bring to guest services as proof that as of their check-in date they had something on record as owed to them.

Of course, a PDF of that document (as I suggested having on hand) would work for those purposes, but some luddites won't deal with that...

Edited by hallux
  • Haha 1