What time do Princess transfers from the airport to hotel/ship start?

We always use Princess transfers and always come in to Ft. Lauderdale a day early.  Yes, we use Princess hotels also.  

Our flights usually come in mid-afternoon and there is always a Princess rep available to get us to our transportation to the hotel.

This year one of us is coming from Portland OR and will be taking a non-stop overnight flight that gets into to FLL around 7 a.m.

I know I saw somewhere in another post what time the transfers start in the morning, but I sure can't find it.  Just wondering how long she will have to hang around the airport in the morning waiting for the Princess rep.

Posted (edited)

We just completed a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale doing a red-eye from LA. Arrived at 0-dark hundred. Like you, bought transfers, in our case to the ship. Anyway, the Princess desk was the first to open and that was at 10AM. But that was not the problem.

We were told there are two places for the busses to park and if they are full, others busses have to circle the airport. So it was about 10:45 before we got on the bus and we were the second bus out to the ship. I have no info about hotel busses, but there were a lot of people left steaming, waiting with three Princess ships and at least two others, one was the biggest thing I've ever seen floating, the Icon of the Sea, sailing that day. Lots of people.

My suggestion: Pack a generous supply of patience.

Edited by mtnesterz

On 5/15/2024 at 11:07 AM, Mflem1278 said:

We always use Princess transfers and always come in to Ft. Lauderdale a day early.  Yes, we use Princess hotels also.  

Our flights usually come in mid-afternoon and there is always a Princess rep available to get us to our transportation to the hotel.

This year one of us is coming from Portland OR and will be taking a non-stop overnight flight that gets into to FLL around 7 a.m.

I know I saw somewhere in another post what time the transfers start in the morning, but I sure can't find it.  Just wondering how long she will have to hang around the airport in the morning waiting for the Princess rep.

If you or they have booked a Princess transfer, this information will be in the Travel Summary under ITINERARY. The following extracts from my Travel Summary show the type of information provided. I don't have any current cruises out of Fort Lauderdale, so the times may be different.

Transfer from the airport to a Princess hotel pre-cruise: "A Princess Guest Service Host will meet you in the baggage claim area to assist with your transfer to the hotel. Transfers to the hotels are provided between the hours of 8:00 am and 11:00 pm. If you arrive outside of these hours, please take a taxi to your hotel."

Transfer to the airport to the ship on embarkation day: "Upon arrival at the airport, you will be met by a Princess Representative. For domestic flight arrivals, you will be met at the luggage claim area. For international flights, you will be met as you exit the secure customs area. Transfer to the pier will begin at approximately 10:30 am. If you are arriving prior to this time you may experience some wait time at the airport." It then gives an estimate of travel time to the pier.

• Like 1