Marina/Riviera - Penthouse Suites on Deck 7

rjp50

We will be sailing on the Marina and are considering the two PH2 suites on deck 7 because of the larger balcony.  I know that the two corner, PH1 suites are slightly smaller than normal penthouse suites (but have the wrap around veranda), but are the two adjacent, non-corner cabins normal size or are they smaller?  Another question that I have for them is, do they suffer from slower/inadequate butler service than the normal upper deck penthouse suites due to the fact that there are only 4 suites all together in a far-removed section of the ship from the other suites in this category?

One other generic question concerning the PH category - I know you get "priority" reservations in the specialty restaurants, but does that mean that you will be able to eat in them more than just the one each that is guaranteed to everyone?

The two non-corner suites are the same size as others; however, I'll sacrifice the little bit of space lost in the aft facing suites for the wonderful balconies any day of the week...in addition to being over the wake, they're always our first choice whenever possible.

While we haven't stayed in the upper deck PHs, have never noticed any delay in butler service.

You get two reservations in each specialty.

Thanks for this.  Are the two reservation regardless of cruise length?  We will be on a 22 day cruise that is composed of a 10 and 12 day segment merged together. 

29 minutes ago, rjp50 said:

Thanks for this.  Are the two reservation regardless of cruise length?  We will be on a 22 day cruise that is composed of a 10 and 12 day segment merged together. 

I think it depends on how you booked. If it was booked as a multi segment (B2B, two booking numbers), you get two res./specialty for each segment. If it was booked under one booking number, then you'd get two res./specialty for the 22 days. If I have that right (and if not, I'll be corrected here), then obviously you'd get more reservations for the multi segment booking. 

Are you, by any chance, on Marina, November 2025?

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, jazznruby said:

I think it depends on how you booked. If it was booked as a multi segment (B2B, two booking numbers), you get two res./specialty for each segment. If it was booked under one booking number, then you'd get two res./specialty for the 22 days. If I have that right (and if not, I'll be corrected here), then obviously you'd get more reservations for the multi segment booking. 

I believe will be 2 per specialty restaurant regardless. Per the FAQ on their website….for PH on Marina….17 days or less 1 per specialty…18 days or more 2 per specialty.  So the b2b, each segment would only be 1 or 2 total for both segments. Again, the way I am reading it. 

Edited by EJL2023
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, jazznruby said:

No, August of 2025.  Unfortunately both PH1 cabins on deck 7 are already booked. 

46 minutes ago, rjp50 said:

No, August of 2025.  Unfortunately both PH1 cabins on deck 7 are already booked. 

Was just wondering. We'll be on her in November. The aft PH1s are booked on that one too. So we took one of the aft extended balconies which are fine; but do love those aft facing cabins. So quiet and private back there. Years ago, no one wanted to be back there, then the secret got out and category/prices went up.

Hi @rjp50,

We were in 7128 in April and had a couple of experiences that we wondered were because of being in a penthouse on the 7th floor.  

Usually we have faster delivery of luggage to the room when it is a penthouse, in keeping with the availability of the room early on embarkation day.  In this case, one piece of luggage was delivered long after the room was ready, when the other non-penthouse rooms on the floor were receiving theirs.  And long after luggage on our floor had been delivered, our second piece still had not arrived, so I went looking for it and found it in our same hallway at the far end of the ship, with a few other bags, also not delivered, with no delivery guys in sight.  I mentioned this in my survey form and received a visit from an assistant director of something-or-another, who said that we should have received both bags before the other rooms, and he apologized profusely, and promised to ensure that in future this would not occur.  We appreciated the follow-up and felt he had closed the loop well.

The second experience was that we felt quite neglected by our butler, compared to our other experiences.  It was always the duty butler who delivered our morning coffee, so by our fourth day, when only I had met the butler, I (calmly) mentioned to him that I was not impressed that he had not made the effort to meet both of us.  He apologized and from the point forward gave us the friendly, attentive butler service to which we have become accustomed.

We did enjoy that 7128 is effectively at a dead end with only traffic from 7130 that walks past.  And we enjoyed the balcony immensely, when the transatlantic weather permitted.

In case this helps,

Cheers,

Greg from the WildWanderers