Liquor and Wine List - Does anyone have a copy of the current selections

cinbeach

• 3 weeks later...

My observations as someone who lives in California wine country and knows just enough about wine and the wine biz to have (sometimes strong) opinions on these things: First, for an inclusive list, it's actually very well curated, someone knows what they are doing. There are some interesting and unique selections, and very good variety. Second, it's not a top-down, corporate-office, laminated list created by some F&B manager who can only selects brands from the wine conglomerates like Gallo or Constellation. The kind of wines you find at most grocery stores in the US, and increasingly common even on luxury lines, and my leading indicator of mediocrity. Third, yes it is value-driven, which is why no Burgundy, Napa cabs, etc. That's to be expected with an inclusive list, and I'm OK with that given the other options available to explore. And with everything on Crystal - the somms will do their best to match your preferences and find options you enjoy. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, fisherboe said:

My observations as someone who lives in California wine country and knows just enough about wine and the wine biz to have (sometimes strong) opinions on these things: First, for an inclusive list, it's actually very well curated, someone knows what they are doing. There are some interesting and unique selections, and very good variety. Second, it's not a top-down, corporate-office, laminated list created by some F&B manager who can only selects brands from the wine conglomerates like Gallo or Constellation. The kind of wines you find at most grocery stores in the US, and increasingly common even on luxury lines, and my leading indicator of mediocrity. Third, yes it is value-driven, which is why no Burgundy, Napa cabs, etc. That's to be expected with an inclusive list, and I'm OK with that given the other options available to explore. And with everything on Crystal - the somms will do their best to match your preferences and find options you enjoy. 

Your comments are spot on.

Keith

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fisherboe said:

We just finished our first Crystal cruise on the Serenity.  Agree completely and the included wines each night paired very well with the menu.  And if you wanted a different wine the sommelier was happy to provide.  

Just a really nice experience!

Bob

• Like 3