Barely A Live from Escape May16-26 2024 Trieste (Venice) to Barcelona/10-Day Mediterranean: Italy Croatia Greece France Spain

15 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Oh my! I'm so happy to see this. You've just made my week! Although I'll probably fall silent on the weekend. My Monday morning will be brightened by anything you care to share with us! Remember, enjoyment of your cruise is more important than allowing us to live vicariously through you...but we expect you to post (j/k)! 

Also...what a cute gondolier! 😍

You know I’m always thinking of you @cruiseny4life 😉

In Trieste…

IMG_9769.thumb.jpeg.40e963f7afd695711b034b3b846945ca.jpeg

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

These strawberries are larger than the ones I have been receiving on the past few cruises. I still plan to give them way. 

IMG_9941.thumb.jpeg.de0fb662381f0cdcdd1cccd5176a58db.jpeg

I usually let Customer Service know not to bring any chocolate covered strawberries.  I appreciate them.  They're just not "my thing".  Seems they always substitute something else...other fruit, nuts, etc.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

You know I’m always thinking of you @cruiseny4life 😉

In Trieste…

IMG_9769.thumb.jpeg.40e963f7afd695711b034b3b846945ca.jpeg

It's already more "interesting" than an American McDonald's!! Haha, I'm a little scared I'm now the board's resident only eats fast food in foreign countries guy....I assure you, I am not! The clams and sketti looked amazing! 

• Haha 1

The Captain just announced that our departure will be delayed one hour from 5:00pm to 6:00pm due to traffic jam on the seas with so many cargo ships and also traffic jam from the airport to the port delaying 65 passengers. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Yes, the title of this thread has a double entendre.

Seeing the word "barely" in the title, I was expecting to see some more "interesting" pictures 😁.

Please do not leave a big mess on the Escape...we'll be taking a 10 day ride on her in a few months. Just think, I was THIS close to surprising you. Maybe next time...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

In Trieste…

Girl, I don't know how you manage to do this, living out of a backpack & suitcase for weeks at a time.  Susan & I slept well last night - being home - and woke up late, close to 10AM in NY (4 PM for you, hahaha) 

Did you checkout McD's hash browns along with other regional specialty items (i.e. Spam in Honolulu/Hawaii) ?? 

Loving the pictures and just keep posting them, that's all you need to for barely-a-live report ... the rest is gravies & trimmings to enrich, to make the rest of us CC addicts jealous of your port intensive cruise.  

Looking at Escape's live webcam feed ?? - she is posed to sail but not yet moving, per CruiseMapper.  

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Seeing the word "barely" in the title, I was expecting to see some more "interesting" pictures 😁.

This will be a strictly PG rated thread. 

52 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Please do not leave a big mess on the Escape...we'll be taking a 10 day ride on her in a few months. Just think, I was THIS close to surprising you. Maybe next time...

Perhaps I will surprise YOU. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Girl, I don't know how you manage to do this, living out of a backpack & suitcase for weeks at a time.  Susan & I slept well last night - being home - and woke up late, close to 10AM in NY (4 PM for you, hahaha) 

I wear the same clothes over and over like a cartoon character. 

As far as sleep, I am running on fumes at the moment. Woke up yesterday sometime between 6:00-6:30am but couldn’t fall asleep until after 3:30am. Woke up early again this morning to explore Trieste and look for my ship. 

16 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Did you checkout McD's hash browns along with other regional specialty items (i.e. Spam in Honolulu/Hawaii) ?? 

I only noticed pastries at MickeyD’s in the morning because…Italy. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I do not yet have the passenger count but it feels like a full ship. There are many families, many young couples. 

Over the past few years I have noticed that cruising is attracting more and more young people. The ages in the solo group on any sailing can run anywhere between 21 and 80+. 

And then it just dawned on me as I was walking up the stairs…it’s not so much that the average age of a cruiser has dropped…it’s that I’ve become older!

I don’t recall ever seeing this on the Daily…

IMG_0025.thumb.jpeg.3f19a2ef56fc55259946f26a160a2b5c.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

On the first entertainment thingy it shows Choir of Man on the 20th and 24th.

On the second entertainment thingy, it doesn't show them at all.

What gives? Suddenly sold out? Canceled?

Asking for a friend who wants to see Choir of Man again in September.

Edited by schmoopie17

32 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

On the first entertainment thingy it shows Choir of Man on the 20th and 24th.

On the second entertainment thingy, it doesn't show them at all.

What gives? Suddenly sold out? Canceled?

Asking for a friend who wants to see Choir of Man again in September.

Please let your friend know that the first entertainment thingy lists entertainment that requires reservations, like Choir of Man and The Supper Club. I was able to prebook Choir of Man online...26 days prior to sail date for Platinum and above. I could only book The Supper Club while on board. You can book both Choir of Man and The Supper Club at the Box Office, Deck 7 Forward.

Reservations are not required for the entertainment listed on the second entertainment thingy.

Hope that clears the confusion and your friend is able to enjoy Choir of Man.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Hope that clears the confusion and your friend is able to enjoy Choir of Man.

My friend is a fine, upstanding young (?) man, who will appreciate this information.

He does know that he can book Choir of Man at 26 days out (assuming NCL doesn't replace it with some lame version of yet another lame game show).

My friend is eternally grateful.

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Haha 1

Since I did not have any dinner plans tonight, I decided to book The Supper Club which is a dinner and a show. The show was a Divas Tribute performed by the band Golden Octaves. Dinner was a mixed salad, chicken parmigiana with pasta and carrot cake. One and done.

IMG_9988.thumb.jpeg.aa5f20143b5fc07792701b3be64f086d.jpeg

IMG_9986.thumb.jpeg.023e5fdcc35c1465b559ae494244bfc8.jpeg

IMG_9975.thumb.jpeg.157de3c1a7ffb160a8d12aa422a37893.jpeg

IMG_9985.thumb.jpeg.c9acda545c6e200564dcb45ef49bda09.jpeg

IMG_9968.thumb.jpeg.69fb46ba2df7b985069f9cadefbda290.jpeg

IMG_9971.thumb.jpeg.171f5bf0273b8dda135d0d7fc798da7b.jpeg

IMG_9976.thumb.jpeg.73f00d08dd141b69d734eb15c79c1834.jpeg

IMG_9979.thumb.jpeg.d413f076ccf442d552cbe4b98ef10e8d.jpeg

IMG_9801.thumb.jpeg.f4896383ae6d754fcb5c336061295cfe.jpeg

IMG_9799.thumb.jpeg.2a11f320ba2ee45dfdee214fab9e0476.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Happy to see the Matador making an appearance on the Escape. That drink can be as elusive as cookies on some ships. Now if I can find someone to make a Grass Clippings...

Good old Supper Club, reminded me of BA's Spiegel Tent with the dinner-show then with a $20 or $25 upcharge back in the days, same "deal" - option was given then for 1 of 2 entrees and also a vegetarian, dessert with coffee ... except coffee that was still being brewed (I sleep better with the weak coffee water served onboard)  

I see that the Escape keep the buffet open until 9:30 PM (is that special hours on embarkation day only ... please keep your eyes out for it, asking for a curious friend)  Prima management shut down the tiny buffet promptly at 9:00 PM nightly, as both you & I know.  

• Like 2

Excited to follow your travels on the Escape. We are doing same trip in beginning of July. Still trying to figure out what excursions at many of the ports. I look forward to seeing what you do and how you like it at each port. Thank you for sharing!

• Like 2

Loving this trip report with all your gorgeous photos!

This is the most port-intensive itinerary I’ve ever seen.

Also, does anyone else think that chicken parm looks like a breast implant gone wrong?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

8 hours ago, mking8288 said:

I see that the Escape keep the buffet open until 9:30 PM (is that special hours on embarkation day only ... please keep your eyes out for it, asking for a curious friend)  Prima management shut down the tiny buffet promptly at 9:00 PM nightly, as both you & I know.  

I will try…9:30 might be way past my bedtime 😅

• Haha 4