Norway to Iceland

Jaylie

Are the waters overly rough when sailing this itinerary? My husband gets seasick if things are too rough. This is a Viking cruise … I might have sent this to the wrong board!

13 minutes ago, Jaylie said:

Are the waters overly rough when sailing this itinerary? My husband gets seasick if things are too rough. This is a Viking cruise … I might have sent this to the wrong board!

What does "rough" mean to him?  2 foot seas?  4 foot?  10 foot?  rolling? pitching?

It is so hard to say.

In general the sea could be calm or things could be happening.  If your husband is worried, you should look into pills or patches or sea bands or something - or not go.

This is the North Atlantic and anything can happen.  You could luck out - or not.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Jaylie said:

We will be sailing this itinerary in reverse in August. I too am prone to seasickness but since taking Bonine (Meclizine HCI) I have had no issues. We were in seas with the wind 10-12 on the Beaufort scale on an expedition cruise in Patagonia last October and I was fine. 
IMG_5433.thumb.jpeg.7f9f05fc6ede0e088f2bd320c7f7b6a9.jpeg

Edited by OneSixtyToOne

we did this last July

cruise2023.webp.aa56828639c7f77a59ae13c026a38609.webp

encountered no 'serious' seas .... but I may not be a fair judge . .  . I patrolled the Bering Sea for a while .... summer and winter ...

splash4.jpg.2e5e1aff9b87985760870d1d5e804c59.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jaylie said:

I've experienced some terrible swells in normally calm water.... And nothing burger waves in the Drake and North Atlantic.

Mother Nature is a piece of work.

21 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

We will be sailing this itinerary in reverse in August. I too am prone to seasickness but since taking Bonine (Meclizine HCI) I have had no issues. We were in seas with the wind 10-12 on the Beaufort scale on an expedition cruise in Patagonia last October and I was fine. 

I agree, Bonine is the way to go.  Doesn't make me drowsy and I haven't gotten seasick since I discovered it!

• Like 1

Yes, you never know. We did Iceland’s Majestic Landscapes last July. The seas were perfectly calm between Norway and Iceland - but the ship was really rocking one night going up the coast from Bergen! We were lucky to be able to make the stop in the Faroe Islands - I know that others on this board have missed that stop due to rough seas.

• Like 1