Lounge chairs on extra large PH balconies?

rjp50

Posted (edited)

I found a separate thread that mentioned in passing that the PH2 cabins on deck 7 of Marina and Riviera were equipped with lounge chairs rather than the normal straight chairs.  This is an important consideration to us.  Can anyone confirm that this is the case?  (I realize that the PH1 cabins with the wrap around balcony on deck 7 have both straight chairs and lounge chairs)

Edited by rjp50

4 hours ago, rjp50 said:

I found a separate thread that mentioned in passing that the PH2 cabins on deck 7 of Marina and Riviera were equipped with lounge chairs rather than the normal straight chairs.  This is an important consideration to us.  Can anyone confirm that this is the case?  (I realize that the PH1 cabins with the wrap around balcony on deck 7 have both straight chairs and lounge chairs)

If you want lounge chairs and they are not there, just ask your Butler for one or two to be kept on your balcony.  There should be plenty of room.

We've done that and with only a regular PH balcony on the Riviera.

What gave us the idea was that in some port in the Caribbean (can't remember which by this time), we were docked right across from one of Oceania's R ships, which are smaller.  Point is, we looked right across... and there... was a PH with two lounge chairs on the balcony.  And those PHs are smaller than PH on the larger O ships.

So we asked our Butler, who initially said it was impossible; that they wouldn't fit.

We invited him to join us on our balcony, and there the three of us stood, waving directly across to the couple who were now relaxing on their nice loungers!  

Quite soon, 2 lounge chairs were on our balcony. 🙂 

Now, that *was* a bit tight, and I'm not at all sure how they did that on the R ship PH balcony.

We soon asked to have one removed.  DH wasn't that eager to use a lounger anyway, although I was.  I fell asleep out there quite a few evenings... what a treat in that climate!

GC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am definitely going to ask for one on my PH; we are crossing the Atlantic and I love being on the balcony!  For me personally, this is something that I can’t do without, especially on a longer cruise.