Did Marina retain the balcony whirlpool tubs in the suites after the refit?

Torquer

We love having a private whirlpool tub on our balcony when on a cruise, but there are only a very small number of cruise lines that have them.  Oceania was one of them that had them in their top suites, and the balcony tub is the main reason we are willing to spend the small fortune to stay in these suites.

We were devastated a while back when we learned that Riviera had removed them at it last refit.  So now the question is, did Marina retain her whirlpool tubs in her just-completed refit?  When we were in an OC on Marina a couple months ago we asked our butler, and he had not heard they were going to be removed, but we want a definitive answer from someone actually staying in OS, VS, or OC on Marina post-refit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2024 at 8:56 AM, Torquer said:

We love having a private whirlpool tub on our balcony when on a cruise, but there are only a very small number of cruise lines that have them.  Oceania was one of them that had them in their top suites, and the balcony tub is the main reason we are willing to spend the small fortune to stay in these suites.

We were devastated a while back when we learned that Riviera had removed them at it last refit.  So now the question is, did Marina retain her whirlpool tubs in her just-completed refit?  When we were in an OC on Marina a couple months ago we asked our butler, and he had not heard they were going to be removed, but we want a definitive answer from someone actually staying in OS, VS, or OC on Marina post-refit.

Following......but we were on the Riviera AFTER the refit and did still have the private whirlpool in the Vista Suite.

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2024 at 8:56 AM, Torquer said:

We do too. We discovered that the Grand Princess Grand suites L301 & L302 have one. Of course even the Grand suite on a Princess ship is not at the same level as the O suite but then the price tag isn’t the same either. We sailed in one for 10 days in December of 2018 & enjoyed it. We have booked one again for our Panama Canal sailing next year. I only have large videos of the room but did find this one still of the tub. 

Here’s a YouTube review from last year. 

IMG_5280.jpeg

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel

On 7/21/2024 at 8:23 AM, Cruisingagain2022 said:

We had cabin 12000 on Oceania Marina Oslo to Southampton July 6th to 16th 2024 , whirlpool tub had been removed.

Have they added a TV to the living room, or just the bedroom and media room? Did they remove the one on the balcony?

12000 on Oceania Marina is a Vista suite.

Living room and bedroom have always had the TVs.
The whirlpool tub is still in the bathrooms they only removed them from the outside deck.

Vista suites on Marina currently still have the little room with the gym equipment ( when Oceania Riviera had the refurb these I understand were removed )   

I  think the media rooms are in the Oceania suites.

I am unsure about changes if any in these suites.

On 7/21/2024 at 9:23 AM, Cruisingagain2022 said:

We had cabin 12000 on Oceania Marina Oslo to Southampton July 6th to 16th 2024 , whirlpool tub had been removed.

Thanks for the definitive update.  This is indeed unfortunate since it made O one of the very few cruise lines we cruise on.  We use the hot tub on the balcony nearly everyday of a cruise.  Just this March, I was in the outdoor hot tub while cruising past icebergs in Antarctica aboard Marina.

Our other favorite line Holland America still has balcony hot tubs in its Pinnacle Suites and we have a couple cruises booked in 2025 with them.  We will have to once again research this.  I know Celebrity has some...thanks for the pointer above about Princess.

On 7/29/2024 at 4:19 PM, Torquer said:

Thanks for the definitive update.  This is indeed unfortunate since it made O one of the very few cruise lines we cruise on.  We use the hot tub on the balcony nearly everyday of a cruise.  Just this March, I was in the outdoor hot tub while cruising past icebergs in Antarctica aboard Marina.

Our other favorite line Holland America still has balcony hot tubs in its Pinnacle Suites and we have a couple cruises booked in 2025 with them.  We will have to once again research this.  I know Celebrity has some...thanks for the pointer above about Princess.

We too are fans of the hot tubs on private balconies!  Makes you not have to worry about Chair Hogs!  As you have your own "pool"....lol  NCL also has some Owner's Suites on a couple of its Jewel Class suites?  The ones in the "smaller" Haven where you have to walk up the stairs to get to your suite....

Currently on Riviera in Oceania suite aft, 11080, and have wrap around deck with tub for 1 that is a whirlpool on the side.   I would not call it a hot tub.   The whirlpool tub in bathroom is big enough for two but not the outside one.   

3 hours ago, slw207693 said:

Currently on Riviera in Oceania suite aft, 11080, and have wrap around deck with tub for 1 that is a whirlpool on the side.   I would not call it a hot tub.   The whirlpool tub in bathroom is big enough for two but not the outside one.   

That is indeed interesting...is it possible that they only removed some of the balcony tubs on Riviera and now possibly Marina?  Did they plan to remove them all but didn't get to all of them in the last refit?  How would I find out which suites still have them?  I doubt that a call to O would get a reliable answer.

BTW, the hot tubs on Marina and Riviera were never very big...it was indeed a cozy fit for 2 people to be in it at once and I certainly wouldn't want to use it with someone who was not my spouse.  But my wife and I could fit in it facing each other with legs around the other person, and we spent many hours in them together over all our cruises.  I doubt they would have replaced the prior tub with an even smaller one.  @slw207693 is it possible you could post a photo of the your tub so we can compare it to the past size.

Could be.
The steward told me the hot tub in 12000 which is a vista suite on Marina was removed in May 2024. I am assuming during the dry dock.

We also love the whirl pool tubs on the balconies .

We filled ours with cold water when on Riviera ( Sept 2022 it was extremely hot in the med 🥵

As has been pointed out, these are not really hot tubs, the water is filled and drained after each use. They are more an outdoor whirlpool bathtub. 

• Like 1