Cinque Terre hike too crowded in August?

Had anybody experienced hiking the blue path between the towns  in August? Just wondering if the crowds are unbearable. We would aim to be off the ship as soon as we can and on the path at Monterosso by 8:30 am. Also looking at the Riomaggiore to Portovenere hike as an alternative. 

I’m sure the towns will be very busy but really wondering how congested the paths will be. Thanks.

There is a picture of the path in the press release announcing the reopening of the Monterosso-Vernazza-Corniglia path that shows you how narrow it is.  In August I would expect it to be very crowded, also note that for safety you can only walk in the direction of Monterosso to Vernazza.

Monterosso - Vernazza - Corniglia Green Blue Trail Reopens | Parco Nazionale delle Cinque Terre (parconazionale5terre.it)

9 hours ago, euro cruiser said:

There is a picture of the path in the press release announcing the reopening of the Monterosso-Vernazza-Corniglia path that shows you how narrow it is.  In August I would expect it to be very crowded, also note that for safety you can only walk in the direction of Monterosso to Vernazza.

Monterosso - Vernazza - Corniglia Green Blue Trail Reopens | Parco Nazionale delle Cinque Terre (parconazionale5terre.it)

When did the start the one-way?  Just curious.  When my 2BFFs and I did it way back in 2010 we started in Riomaggiore and finished in Monteroso.  That was a long, hard day!  

I don't know when it started but it may have been around the time that the Via dell'Amore closed (in 2012), increasing the traffic on the other "easier" paths.  The one-way scheme isn't all the time, but during peak hours.

The Via dell'Amore is scheduled to reopen fully in July this year (a small part opened a few years ago), I'm afraid to see what will happen.

From what I’ve read on different blogs I think we will probably get the train early to Riomaggiore, hike to Portovenere , then ferry back to La Spezia. Crowds ruin a hike for us

(pulpit rock being a case in point) and I think there seems to be more shade and less people on the Riomaggiore to Portovenere walk. Thanks all for the replies.