Iona

Hi I will reply the best I can .I think the bed will be near the wardrobe and the settee near the balcony going on my cabin 10702 which is the same layout but the balcony is slightly smaller on those cabins if that helps .

21 minutes ago, Harryjacobs said:

Does it matter?

Yes, the cabins have a different bed location depending on whether the bathroom is on the left or right of the door as you enter the cabin, the bed is either next to the wardrobes giving limited access or next to the balcony door. The cabins are not rectangular but have a narrow section which allows for squeezing in extra cabins.

If you look on ytube although not same cabin no or ship 11714 on Arvia this cabin is 3 floors directly below your cabin shows layout as I thought bed near wardrobe. 

We always scour Youtube to find a cabin review for the same deck / location and see where the bed is and then every other cabin should be the same.  It's not a deal breaker but we prefer the sofa near the window - just our personal preference.

Although I think there may be some exceptions, the way I work it out is by looking at the position of the door 'notch' on the deck plan.  Generally if it is to the righthand side then the sofa is by the balcony, if it is to the lefthand side the sofa is by the wardrobe.

15714 shows the door to the right so the sofa should be by the balcony, the bed by the wardrobe.

Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2024 at 3:09 PM, glynneathgirl said:

Can anyone help, are going on Iona in November and are booked in cabin 15714 is the bed near balcony or by wardrobes please⁰

Bed is definitely next to the wardrobes.

Sofa next to balcony.

When the door is on the right the bathroom is on the left and bed next to bathroom.

We have had 5 balcony cabins on Iona.

Screenshot_20240520_200427_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Edited by grapau27