Coastal Connection & Waterfront views-NCL excursion Ward Cove

smokey11

2 hours ago, nordicacres said:

Well, we are on board the Jewel and were notified yesterday that this excursion was canceled by the tour provider due to low participation. I was looking forward to our $9 boat trip. Ah, well.

If recent history is any indicator, I'm now willing to be that for my repositioning cruise (arriving at Ward's Cove on April 24th) the excursion won't even be offered. 

29 minutes ago, SoloAlaska said:

I just booked it for my September cruise but it was only available one way. It works for me since one of the places I’m going to go to is partway between Ketchikan port and ward cove. So for 9$ I’m taking a nice little boat Ketchikan, walk over to KetchiCandies (amazing chocolates) then over to creek street to see the fat seals, taking the city bus either free or 2$ to studio 103 in the plaza (amazing quilt shop), taking the city bus (silver line) to totem park, then the bus back to ward cove.

getting to see all 4 things I want without taking the NCL shuttle. I’ve been to Ketchikan twice but haven’t been to totem park yet. So I’m returning to my 3 favorite places and adding one new one.

I hadn't thought of anything so adventurous! Was pretty much just looking for a scenic alternative to a bus ride. Now that the excursions seem to be canceled due to lack of interest, this will discourage people from even signing up. 

1 hour ago, dmwnc1959 said:

I hadn't thought of anything so adventurous! Was pretty much just looking for a scenic alternative to a bus ride. Now that the excursions seem to be canceled due to lack of interest, this will discourage people from even signing up. 

Or it’s a reason to go around and encourage everyone to sign up. Worse case it’s cancelled and you take the bus.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dmwnc1959 said:

taking the city bus (silver line) to totem park,

Potlatch Totem Park  is  next to Totem Bight and the two can be very easily combined, and the same public bus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1