Books about/set in Bermuda, to read on the way over?

shipgeeks

I bought this book for my father last year in one of the shops at the Dockyard but you can get it on Amazon or in a bookstore - The Billionaire and the Mechanic: How Larry Ellison and a Car Mechanic Teamed up to Win Sailing's Greatest Race, the Americas Cup, Twice by Julian Guthrie.  He really enjoyed it.  Bermuda was the venue for the America's Cup in 2017 and there is a great exhibit at the BUEI (Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute) in Hamilton.

The BUEI also has an exhibit about the Bermuda Triangle.  I added these to my Kindle wishlist after seeing that exhibit - Into the Bermuda Triangle: Pursuing the Truth Behind the World's Greatest Mystery by Gian Quasar and Beyond the Bermuda Triangle: True Encounters with Electronic Fog, Missing Aircraft, and Time Warps by Bruce Gernon.  I don't believe there's anything out of the ordinary in the area known as the Bermuda Triangle but these might be fun to read in a sci-fi kind of way. 

The Deep by Peter Benchley is a novel set in Bermuda.  There is a 1977 film version with Robert Shaw, Nick Nolte, Jacqueline Bisset, and Louis Gosset, Jr. 

I also have these on my Kindle wishlist - Discovering Somers Isles: A Guide to Bermuda's History 1500-1615 by John M. Archer and Rare Birds: The Extraordinary Tale of the Bermuda Petrel and the Man Who Brought It Back from Extinction by Elizabeth Gehrman. 

• Like 1

There was/is also a book about a pandemic which starts/involves Bermuda.  It might be the Bermua Virus.  Came out in 1996.  It would be interesting to read it again given the events of the last few years.

• Like 1