Alaskan beers?

One of the most recent uploads of the Ocean Bar menu features the following Alaskan beers:

Alaskan Amber by Alaska Brewing Company

Icy Bay IPA by Alaska Brewing Company

There are also Seattle-based beers: 

Killer Whale Pale Ale by Pike Brewing 

Kilt Lifter Scotch Ale by Pike Brewing 

Space Needle IPA by Pike Brewing 

150th Celebratory HAL Pils by Pike Brewing 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, MrSnuffleupagus said:

One of the most recent uploads of the Ocean Bar menu features the following Alaskan beers:

Alaskan Amber by Alaska Brewing Company

Icy Bay IPA by Alaska Brewing Company

There are also Seattle-based beers: 

Killer Whale Pale Ale by Pike Brewing 

Kilt Lifter Scotch Ale by Pike Brewing 

Space Needle IPA by Pike Brewing 

150th Celebratory HAL Pils by Pike Brewing 

The HAL 150th beer has been on board for 6 months or more. Standard Pils...which is not to my taste.

3 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

The HAL 150th beer has been on board for 6 months or more. Standard Pils...which is not to my taste.

We didn't care for it either.  I'd rather drink Alaskan Amber any day!

• Like 2

Typically, Alaska beers are loaded onto the ship once the ships reach Juneau as that is where the brewery is located. There was a time when we were on the Maasdam at the beginning of the season for a 21 day Alaska cruise that started in San Francisco. There was no Alaska beer on-board and we were told that they would pick it up in Juneau. Unfortunately we had to tender and they were unable to load it. We didn't have Alaska beer until we reached Vancouver towards the end of the cruise.

My preference is to just visit breweries in Juneau, Skagway, and Ketchikan and get a flight of samples at each place. Bowden Street in Ketchikan and Devil's Club in Juneau are my favorites, although Barnaby Brewing in Juneau had a friendly cat who slept on my lap while I drank there one afternoon. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rj59 said:

My preference is to just visit breweries in Juneau, Skagway, and Ketchikan and get a flight of samples at each place. Bowden Street in Ketchikan and Devil's Club in Juneau are my favorites, although Barnaby Brewing in Juneau had a friendly cat who slept on my lap while I drank there one afternoon. 

We hit all of these last year.  I loved Barnaby and the cat.  Their Day Late Coconut Pastry Stout is delicious!

On 5/21/2024 at 12:25 AM, sunchaser49 said:

Wondering if there’s been any Alaskan beers available on the recent Koningsdam Alaska sailings? Thanks!

I was on the Nieuw Amsterdam 14 day Great Alaska cruise which was wonderful- they did have Alaska Brewery beer and Pike from Seattle from day 1 Vancouver however the HAL 150 Pils was never available.  

All the bars had a display.

IMG_5725.thumb.jpeg.26ba737a1b38af70f811975f79c9cef5.jpeg

• Like 1