Does Carnival honor cruise price on their website?

General question...I was just on the Carnival website.  I selected a cruise, entered the appropriate information then went onto the selection of type of room (balcony, ocean view, interior).  All showed available.  I selected ocean view and then it became unavailable. If I call Carnival will they honor the ocean view and perhaps bump me into a balcony?  Just curious if this ever happened to anyone else and what their experience was.

• Haha 4

@jxtgreek, what you're probably seeing is a 'sold out' category. The initial booking page might still show availability (and a price) when in fact there are no cabins left in that category. And no, you're not getting bumped up to a better cabin for the same price. Like never, especially these days.

• Like 5

This happens to me a lot but usually with specific locations, but also sometimes with a whole category. For instance, I'll see there are 4 balcony cabins on deck 16 in the forward section but when I click on it, there's only 2 (or none). I wonder if this happens when someone has cabins on hold but not booked yet? 

But no, Carnival won't honor a price for a room that isn't available.

• Like 1

The initial booking page might still show availability (and a price) when in fact there are no cabins left in that category

This...and also the category may only be sold out for the amount of people you want to have in the cabin.  There are many times when I search for future cruises the category I search is still open for 2 passengers but when I change the travelers to 3 it will then show sold out.  

Posted (edited)

Sorry, but no.  When a cabin class sells out, then it's sold out.  You have the choice to book a higher category for the going rate, a lower category for the going rate, another cruise entirely, or don't book at all. Those are your options. Carnival is under no obligation to offer you a better cabin at that rate. Which btw, is a "starting at" rate and is dependent upon a room being available for the specific number of people that you are booking.  For example, you want an ocean view for three people, but they only have ocean view rooms for two people left.  You will see ocean views as available when you start booking, but as soon as you put in your information (number of passengers) the category now shows as having nothing available.

Edited by Cruising_Addict
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

They aren't going to give you a balcony for the price of an oceanview just because the oceanviews are sold out.  They will wait for someone who is willing to pay what they are charging for the balcony.

Edited by staceyglow
  • Like 2

Update:  it pays to talk to your PVP.  I called mine, explained what I was seeing, she said let me try.  Result....I got a balcony for the price of an ocean view.  A good price became an amazing price.  

• Like 2