Superbowl Embarkation ?

Lorne317

We booked a cruise months ago that embarks from New Orleans and just found out that it embarks on Superbowl Sunday. Hotels in NOLA are in the thousands for 2 nights but we can go outside the city a bit and get something more reasonable. We're wondering what kind of zoo it's going to be getting to the port though. Looks like the stadium is very close to the terminal. Should we re-book this ?

Kickoff is 5:30 p.m. local time. You should have no problems getting to the terminal. Access roads are elevated, so local traffic won't slow you down.

As far as hotels go, it depends on whether you are coming in from the East or the North. There are lots of places within an hour's drive of the terminal in both directions. 

• Like 1

On 5/22/2024 at 9:30 AM, Lorne317 said:

We're wondering what kind of zoo it's going to be getting to the port though. Looks like the stadium is very close to the terminal. Should we re-book this ?

I was there for Superbowl in 2013. The city handles it well. Wasn't difficult to get around. It might be prohibitive to stay in and around the city (which is a shame because it's a great city to be in) but it shouldn't necessitate you cancelling the cruise based on logistics. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

I was there for Superbowl in 2013. The city handles it well. Wasn't difficult to get around. It might be prohibitive to stay in and around the city (which is a shame because it's a great city to be in) but it shouldn't necessitate you cancelling the cruise based on logistics. 

We're still going to go and I'm sure I could make it work if I had to but it's not going to cost me anything to reschedule to a couple of weeks later.

6 hours ago, Lorne317 said:

We're still going to go and I'm sure I could make it work if I had to but it's not going to cost me anything to reschedule to a couple of weeks later.

Keep in mind that a few weeks later is the lead up to Mardi Gras which will provide some logistical issues there.