Live from the Volendam - New England & Canada (May 25 to June 1)

I find it amusing that Holland luggage tags are just slightly too big for my holders (which I bought for Royal Caribbean).  Before I left for London, I engaged in some oragami to get them to fit (and printed them at 70% scale). I've now tagged our checked bags. And took care of the rest of the random things in the fridge. Time to take out the compost, trash, and recycling.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rubyfisch said:

I find it amusing that Holland luggage tags are just slightly too big for my holders (which I bought for Royal Caribbean).  Before I left for London, I engaged in some oragami to get them to fit (and printed them at 70% scale). I've now tagged our checked bags. And took care of the rest of the random things in the fridge. Time to take out the compost, trash, and recycling.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Aloha Rubyfisch

Time to leave this world behind, and step into the magical world of relaxation and cruising! Hope embarkation is smooth going, and SAILAWAY is wonderful!

Bon Voyage 

🌺Mahalo

Denise 🙂

• Like 2

Also, if you aren't familiar with the Silver Line, you need the SL2. When they see your suitcases, they'll tell you to get on the SL1 to the airport. Google maps also tells you the wrong stop. I mean, it works, but there is one right at the port - literally next to where you turn in you bags.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Boston proper said:

Thank you for taking us along!  I'm really looking forward to your live reports.  We are on a Zuiderdam cruise with basically the same itinerary in late summer.  Have a wonderful time!

Which one? We are on one in August.

19 minutes ago, Rubyfisch said:

I feel like the muster station check in would  be better if they did it on boarding, like Royal Caribbean does. 

I am not familiar with RC muster station check in. How is it different/better?   Do you go to your muster station immediately after boarding?  If so, I would not like to carry my luggage to the muster station.  

I am happy with HALs process.  Go to my cabin, turn on the safety video, unpack while watching, relax with a drink, go to my muster station anytime before sailaway and have key card scanned.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 4