Is there a one-way tour from Le Havre to central Paris?

Sundiego

Our cruise ends in La Havre and we're planning on a hotel stay in Paris after the cruise. We're experienced travelers and have no problem doing the train from Le Havre. But then I got to thinking...

When we cruised out of Southampton UK, there were plenty of options for tours between London and Southampton cruise port (via Windsor Castle, via Stonehenge, etc.) Does anyone know of anything similar for France? Is this an option? Maybe the ride from Le Havre to central Paris is not that interesting?

Thanks!

Denise

Some cruise lines will provide a one-way tour, on debarkation day, that ultimately ends at the airport (likely CDG).  Most ships will provide nothing.  As to the "ride,"  it is mostly on the A13 (a major road) which we have driven and never found very exciting.

Also consider that even if you could find a guide/transportation for a one-way tour, you would likely need to pay a lot of money since the tour company would need to factor-in a dead-head return.  

My advice, if you want a private tour, is to simply book a tour in Paris from a local company or "Tours by Locals."  Then you simply take the train (the generally run every hour) and arrange where to meet your tour guide.

Hank

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hlitner said:

My advice, if you want a private tour, is to simply book a tour in Paris from a local company or "Tours by Locals."  Then you simply take the train (the generally run every hour) and arrange where to meet your tour guide.

Hank

Thanks for your thoughtful reply Hank. I always appreciate how much you give to the CC community!

Actually we aren't interested in a tour so much. Especially in Paris where we are pretty independent travelers. I was more looking for a path of least resistance getting to Paris and maybe seeing something along the way. Looks like it will be the train for us 🙂

Denise

6 hours ago, Sundiego said:

Thanks for your thoughtful reply Hank. I always appreciate how much you give to the CC community!

Actually we aren't interested in a tour so much. Especially in Paris where we are pretty independent travelers. I was more looking for a path of least resistance getting to Paris and maybe seeing something along the way. Looks like it will be the train for us 🙂

Denise

Another option is the Flixbus which has quite a few daily buses.  According to their website, it only takes 2:20 from Le Havre to Paris and the fare is only about 9 Euros.  We have never tried the Flixbus, and would love to hear some feedback from those who have done the deed.

Hank

• Like 1

Try Daytrip. We used them in Germany going from Nuremberg to Munich. We had luggage so did not want to take the train. They were punctual and had a stop along the way in Regensburg. The driver also threw in another stop. They are pricey but well worth the money. We have them booked for our next trip. Their English was excellent. Highly recommend.

• Like 1