Santos (Sao Paulo) Cruise Port Brazil Info

Hello, has anyone been to this cruise port, will be there on Mon January 6, 2025, with Princess. They do not offer any excursions in the port, I know it's an industrial port, does anyone know if Princess offers any kind of free shuttle to get you out of the port. You are not allowed to walk out. Normally cruise ship's offer some kind of shuttle to get away from industrial ports. I can't find anything., any info will be appreciated. Thanks again

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while. But I believe our cruise line did offer excursions.  But Santos is a huge city, and a bit of a distance from where ships dock.  i remember walking out tof the port, but I forget if I actually walked or if there was a shuttle to the outside of the port.  I do remember that there were a lot of taxis lined up willing to take people wherever they wanted to go.  I don't know if they were willing to do tours or just transportation.   But it was a little intimidating to me, especially as one person allow, and without having done any research on Santos.  So I just stayed on the ship.  I'm not a big fan of large cities anyway, so it wa OK.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I believe I can help you with this one. They definitely provide you with a bus until the cruise terminal, there you can easily find taxis. Ubers aren't allowed in the terminal.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know where the bus will drop us off?   If we book a private tour?   Beaches?  safe to take a taxi to?   Best beaches?

21 hours ago, dalibi said:

Do you know where the bus will drop us off?   If we book a private tour?   Beaches?  safe to take a taxi to?   Best beaches?

It'll drop you off the cruise terminal. I'm not sure what tour options the company is going to offer, but I could help you decide which ones would be best! What time of year will you be there?

I wouldn't recommend exploring by yourself, definitely book a tour or hire someone local.

Posted (edited)

I'll be there January 6, 2025 arriving on Majestic Princess.  @remimartin what can you tell me about getting from the industrial cruise port to coffee and Pele museum (Was a little disappointed that Brazil didn't make finals).

Adding: I'm a solo

Edited by Ombud

Anyone willing to meet up at Majestic Princess' January 4th Meet & Greet to discuss this or Fortaleza port? Both a little problematic for a solo cruiser. Tag me if yes

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/12/2024 at 8:59 PM, Ombud said:

I'll be there January 6, 2025 arriving on Majestic Princess.  @remimartin what can you tell me about getting from the industrial cruise port to coffee and Pele museum (Was a little disappointed that Brazil didn't make finals).

Adding: I'm a solo

You can get a taxi at the cruise terminal, they're reliable

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

We were there a number of years ago. When disembarked our MSC ship we had 3 or 4 hours before our bus back to Sao Paulo.  We were able to find an English speaking cab driver at the port who for about $50 took us to several museums, lookouts, etc. before dropping us off at the bus station.  It was not exciting, but it was a pleasant way to spend the time..

Edited by DEL67