Can OBC be used to book Spa app'ts before the cruise starts?

Spa treatments are ~30% off if booked before the cruise.  I booked a massage today for my cruise in Sept, but had to use my Credit card to pay for it.  I didn't see any option to use OBC to pay.  Can I only use OBC for Spa app't booked once actually 'on board'?  If it can be used to book before the cruise starts, where would I be able to select that option?

OBC is used on board, and not in advance. Unfortunately. 

There are some instances, for example Have It All dinners in specialty restaurants, or HIA shore excursions, that the computer does make available before boarding. But use of cash OBC? No. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hummingbird_206 said:

Spa treatments are ~30% off if booked before the cruise.  I booked a massage today for my cruise in Sept, but had to use my Credit card to pay for it.  I didn't see any option to use OBC to pay.  Can I only use OBC for Spa app't booked once actually 'on board'?  If it can be used to book before the cruise starts, where would I be able to select that option?

Unfortunately OBC can only be used onboard.

HIA credits for dining and excursions can be used prior for those specific things.

• Like 1

Try going to spa desk once onboard and see if they will recharge it under OBC and refund the credit card charge to your account. You may have to pay more (30%) or maybe not but it may allow use of the OBC, depending on which you are trying to do (use up OBC or save 30%). 

• Like 1

If my previous experience is standard practice, when you pre purchase a spa item that payment will appear on your onboard account as a refundable credit. When you use the service that charge plus gratuity will be posted to your account and will be deducted from your onboard credit - non refundable first. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1