Danube cruise

birdman518

Leaving tomorrow from BOS to BUD, via FRA.    This is our first

time traveling business class.   I would appreciate any information

about the amenities offered in any of these airports (we will be returning

from PRG).

I looked at Lufthansa's site, but would like to hear from fellow travelers.

Also, will we be going thru customs at FRA and then we will be all set

for the trip?   We have Global Entry for our return to the US...  but

that is new as well.   Any anecdotes about it (esp. in BOS) would be

helpful.

I think you will like Lufthansa.  We flew their business to Barcelona a couple years ago via Munich.  The service was wonderful.  Even provided a night shirt!   
  Their website should advise where they have lounges.  

enjoy! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, birdman518 said:

I would appreciate any information

from PRG).

and you could also check the official websites of the individual airports as they usually give lots of info on airport amenities and services.

14 minutes ago, edinburgher said:

and you could also check the official websites of the individual airports as they usually give lots of info on airport amenities and services.

Yes, I did that.  I was hoping for personal stories or recommendations...  

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, birdman518 said:

Leaving tomorrow from BOS to BUD, via FRA.    This is our first

time traveling business class.   I would appreciate any information

from PRG).

I looked at Lufthansa's site, but would like to hear from fellow travelers.

Also, will we be going thru customs at FRA and then we will be all set

for the trip?   We have Global Entry for our return to the US...  but

that is new as well.   Any anecdotes about it (esp. in BOS) would be

helpful.

My assumption is that you are in business class all four flights. 

In Boston, you'll have access to the Lufthansa Business Lounge in Terminal E.  The lounge will have decent food/beverages/wines/spirits.  With a relatively short transatlantic flight you may consider eating more in the lounge then trying to sleep on the plane or enjoy the meal service aboard.

In Frankfurt you will go through Immigration/Passport control as that will be your first point of entry in the Schengen zone.  My suggestion is to find your connecting gate terminal (probably A) and follow the signs, there may be a priority lane for business class.  Your luggage will be checked through to Budapest.  You'll have access to one of the many Lufthansa Business lounges in Frankfurt if you have time, you can find the one nearest to your departure gate.

Intra-European business class is different than the US in that it is really an Economy seat with the middle seat blocked.  You will receive a meal and drink service regardless of the length of flight or time of day..  

In Budapest you'll reclaim your luggage and go through "customs," which is really just exiting through the green door..

On the reverse, you'll have access to the lounge Lufthansa uses in Prague.  At Frankfurt you'll follow the signs to your connecting terminal (likely Z, B or C) and go through exit Passport Control/Immigration where there is likely a priority line for business class.  You'll have access to one of the Lufthansa Business lounges.

In the US, you'll find the Global Entry area and either enter your information on a kiosk or (hopefully) just have it take a picture and get waved in, reclaim your luggage and you're done.

Lufthansa Lounge Locations:  https://www.lufthansa.com/fr/en/lounges

Edited by BOB999
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, BOB999 said:

My assumption is that you are in business class all four flights. 

In Boston, you'll have access to the Lufthansa Business Lounge in Terminal E.  The lounge will have decent food/beverages/wines/spirits.  With a relatively short transatlantic flight you may consider eating more in the lounge then trying to sleep on the plane or enjoy the meal service aboard.

In Frankfurt you will go through Immigration/Passport control as that will be your first point of entry in the Schengen zone.  My suggestion is to find your connecting gate terminal (probably A) and follow the signs, there may be a priority lane for business class.  Your luggage will be checked through to Budapest.  You'll have access to one of the many Lufthansa Business lounges in Frankfurt if you have time, you can find the one nearest to your departure gate.

Intra-European business class is different than the US in that it is really an Economy seat with the middle seat blocked.  You will receive a meal and drink service regardless of the length of flight or time of day..  

In Budapest you'll reclaim your luggage and go through "customs," which is really just exiting through the green door..

On the reverse, you'll have access to the lounge Lufthansa uses in Prague.  At Frankfurt you'll follow the signs to your connecting terminal (likely Z, B or C) and go through exit Passport Control/Immigration where there is likely a priority line for business class.  You'll have access to one of the Lufthansa Business lounges.

In the US, you'll find the Global Entry area and either enter your information on a kiosk or (hopefully) just have it take a picture and get waved in, reclaim your luggage and you're done.

Lufthansa Lounge Locations:  https://www.lufthansa.com/fr/en/lounges

Excellent!  Thank you...