Itinerary change ?'s

Nancy & Don

HELP! We were just notified that our trip itinerary for Hawaii(Apr. 23) has been shuffled with some time-in-port changes as well. That brings up some questions about excursions that are already booked:

1. Does Celebrity move your booked excursions at each port to the new day automatically, or do they cancel everything and start over, or a combination of both?

2. On shortened port hour stops, does Celebrity shorten excursions to fit the port time, or are they cancelled?

3. If the excursions are shortened, does Celebrity adjust the cost accordingly?

4. For extended port times, does Celebrity add additional excursions that may not have been possible with the shorter port time?

5. Will Celebrity notify us of when the revised excursion schedule is available, or are we on our own to keep checking the Celebrity site?

Any guidance and information you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Don

HELP! We were just notified that our trip itinerary for Hawaii(Apr. 23) has been shuffled with some time-in-port changes as well. That brings up some questions about excursions that are already booked:

1. Does Celebrity move your booked excursions at each port to the new day automatically, or do they cancel everything and start over, or a combination of both?

2. On shortened port hour stops, does Celebrity shorten excursions to fit the port time, or are they cancelled?

3. If the excursions are shortened, does Celebrity adjust the cost accordingly?

4. For extended port times, does Celebrity add additional excursions that may not have been possible with the shorter port time?

5. Will Celebrity notify us of when the revised excursion schedule is available, or are we on our own to keep checking the Celebrity site?

Any guidance and information you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Don

I will try to answer some of your questions but am not sure the answer to all; someone out there will be able to fill you in, I am sure. Celebrity will try to fit the excurtions in to the time frame, but if not will refund your money. If the excursion is shortened I don't know what will be done: my guess is nothing unless it is shortened by hours which is unlikely. Will they add new ones if the port time is increased: again, probably not as the contract far in advance with tour compainies. You will be notified upon boarding of any changes in the schedule, but not likely prior to sailing especially when sailing is getting close. Hope this helps some. NMnita

What changes did they make?

Ports and times?

We leave on April 9th..we haven't heard anything.

Is it just your sailing?

I hope you get all your tours straighten out.

I know you will still have a great cruise.

Did you check the roll call board of your cruise date,

maybe their talking about it.

NMNita-Thanks for the info. It was most helpful. Where are you in NM?

Belle-I'll go through your questions in order.

Port order & times:

Hilo; there is a conflict on times (either 7:00 or 10:00)-6:00

Kauai; 7:00-6:00

Honolulu; 7:00-11:00

Maui; 7:00-11:00

Kona; 7:00-2:00

Apparently there was a problem with space at one of the ports so the order was switched. I don't think it affects your itinerary. The map, etc. is still the original for your sailing.

I'm sure we will get things together and have a great time. I just don't like loose ends getting this close to sail date.

Have picked up bits and pieces on the roll call, but I don't think a lot of people are aware of the situation yet. Earlier today the excursion site was 'down' because of the new itinerary. I suppose some will find out about the change when they try to book their excursions.

Is it time to pack yet?:D

Don

I think this is a better intinerary. Having a night in Maui is much better than leaving at 2 or 3 pm. Kona is OK but you can go to the beach early and be back by lunch. They should keep these times. Michael

NMNita-Thanks for the info. It was most helpful. Where are you in NM?

Belle-I'll go through your questions in order.

Port order & times:

Hilo; there is a conflict on times (either 7:00 or 10:00)-6:00

Kauai; 7:00-6:00

Honolulu; 7:00-11:00

Maui; 7:00-11:00

Kona; 7:00-2:00

Apparently there was a problem with space at one of the ports so the order was switched. I don't think it affects your itinerary. The map, etc. is still the original for your sailing.

I'm sure we will get things together and have a great time. I just don't like loose ends getting this close to sail date.

Have picked up bits and pieces on the roll call, but I don't think a lot of people are aware of the situation yet. Earlier today the excursion site was 'down' because of the new itinerary. I suppose some will find out about the change when they try to book their excursions.

Is it time to pack yet?:D

Don

Don we are about 35 miles south of Albuquerque and about 6 miles east. Our PO is Belen, but we are in a community called Rio Communites. We love living here even with the problems we have in our state> NMNita

NMNita-

Just wondered about your location; our daughter was transferred to Albuquerque in 2003. She met 'Mr. right' and was married in July 2005. Husband was hired for his 'dream job' week after wedding and they moved to Baltimore 4 weeks later. Daughter suffers from R. Arthritis and the climate there was better for her. Having her only 200 miles away is great though.

Albuquerque is a beautiful city, and the entire state is breathtaking. I could have moved there is they had stayed in NM.

Don

Hey New Mexico Nita - I heard that kauai was cancelled completely is this true? My TA is out of town in London visiting a sick friend and I am just trying to get things straight. I hate the last minute changes. However, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE more time in Maui we are renting a car and would be able to go do the road to Hana. I hadn't planned on it since we were supposed to be in port for such a short time. Can't get on Celebrity's website cause they say it's under construction or something. GRRR. Thanks in advance for any info.

Our information has Hilo 7AM to 3PM.I had to change all of the car rentals accordingly because of the port changes.I also noticed a $10. to $20. drop in car rental prices per day.I'll be very curious to see what the outcome will be with driving conditions before we rent.

Finally received a copy of the fax that our agent called about last Thursday. It only took 5 days to travel 50 miles. The port time for Hilo is listed as 7:00-3:00.

Now, we're waiting for the excursion area of the Celebrity site to be changed and reopened.

Don

Archived