Carnival Celebration Corner Forward Excel Suite question

Hey y'all.  I'm booked in one of these suites in June.  The room will only book 2 guests.  There is a king size bed or two twin bed option.  Does anyone know if the couch is a fold out?  The room description doesn't list it and since it only accommodates 2, I would think no.  I'm traveling with my son and we'd both like the privacy of separate sleeping areas but that's only if the couch folds out to a bed.  Anyone?  Thanks!

Hope this helps, didn't know which room you had so just took a guess. Have a wonderful time.
Carnival Excel Corner Suite (KS)
710 Total Square Feet (interior: 398 | balcony: 312)

Suites: 9210, 9211, 10209, 10210, 11211, 11212, 12211, 12212, 14210, 14211, 15209, 15210

The Suite has a separate bedroom and living room:
Bedroom:
  • Two twin beds (convert to king)
  • 2-closets with ample storage space, flat-screen TV, safe and hair dryer
Bathroom:
  • Walk-in shower, toilet and sink
  • Entry from both the bedroom and living room
Living Room:
  • Sofa, coffee table, accent chair, desk and chair, flat-screen TV; desk and seat
  • Closet, non-stocked wet bar (small sink and glassware), non-stocked mini bar unit, telephone, 110 AC current, USB outlets, individual climate control
  • Where applicable, additional beds: single sofa bed, or single sofa bed and 1 upper, or double sofa bed
Balcony:
  • Forward-View Wrap-Around Balcony; view is obstructed by a steel railing
  • 15209 and 15210 have a split balcony due to a structural support
  • Lounge chair, patio chairs, side tables and dining table for 2 
  • Like 1

Also in case you wanted the lower notes on these rooms.

Suite Amenities and Perks

Suite Amenities and Perks for: Carnival Excel Presidential Suite (SV) | Carnival Excel Aft Suite (LS) | Carnival Excel Corner Suite (KS) | Carnival Excel Suite (DS)
  • Access to Thermal Suites and Havana Pool (Presidential Suites Only!)
  • Complimentary access to Loft 19, plus priority cabana reservations
  • Dedicated concierge phone line
  • Guaranteed Main Dining Room time assignment
  • Guaranteed reservations at most specialty dining spots, when reserved 24 hours prior
  • Sparkling wine and fruit bowl upon arrival
  • Complimentary mini bar selection: glass bottled water, sparkling water and soda (Presidential Suites Only!
  • Two complimentary in-suite large bottles of water (excluding Presidential Suites)
  • Bottomless Bubbles soft drink package (for all guests)
  • Complimentary room service (regular bar prices apply for beverages)
  • Complimentary on-demand movies
  • Binoculars to enjoy the view
  • Complimentary laundry service
  • Priority check-in and express boarding
  • Priority debarkation at homeport, ports of call requiring a water shuttle, and ports of call with arrival times later than 9:30am. 
  • Bathrobes
  • Elemis in-stateroom bath products (shampoo, conditioner and body wash)
  • Pillow-top mattresses
  • Soft, cozy linens (Carnival Home™ Signature Bedding Collection)
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Babyfin said:
Hope this helps, didn't know which room you had so just took a guess. Have a wonderful time.
Carnival Excel Corner Suite (KS)
710 Total Square Feet (interior: 398 | balcony: 312)

Suites: 9210, 9211, 10209, 10210, 11211, 11212, 12211, 12212, 14210, 14211, 15209, 15210

The Suite has a separate bedroom and living room:
Bedroom:
  • Two twin beds (convert to king)
  • 2-closets with ample storage space, flat-screen TV, safe and hair dryer
Bathroom:
  • Walk-in shower, toilet and sink
  • Entry from both the bedroom and living room
Living Room:
  • Sofa, coffee table, accent chair, desk and chair, flat-screen TV; desk and seat
  • Closet, non-stocked wet bar (small sink and glassware), non-stocked mini bar unit, telephone, 110 AC current, USB outlets, individual climate control
  • Where applicable, additional beds: single sofa bed, or single sofa bed and 1 upper, or double sofa bed
Balcony:
  • Forward-View Wrap-Around Balcony; view is obstructed by a steel railing
  • 15209 and 15210 have a split balcony due to a structural support
  • Lounge chair, patio chairs, side tables and dining table for 2 

Thanks for this.  It says Where applicable, additional beds:  single sofa bed, or single sofa bed and 1 upper or double sofa bed.  I'm guessing we'll have to wait til we're on board to see if it's applicable to our room.  We're in 10209.  Thanks again.  It helps!

2 hours ago, TinkLoverSam said:

found this video tour of the room

In watching that one looks like it might actually be 10210

This one is 10209

Thank you!  I'm so excited for this room!!!!!  I'm not sure how I'll go back to a regular room after this.  Wow.  Just wow.  Thanks again.  

We enjoy the aft Excel suites, but had someone in our group stay in this room on the Celebration last year and there was 3 in the party.  Two slept in the bed and one on the converted sofa.  The only issue they had in this room was when at sea and it was windy, going out on the balcony was not for the feint of heart.  LOVE the Excel suites. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

We enjoy the aft Excel suites, but had someone in our group stay in this room on the Celebration last year and there was 3 in the party.  Two slept in the bed and one on the converted sofa.  The only issue they had in this room was when at sea and it was windy, going out on the balcony was not for the feint of heart.  LOVE the Excel suites. 

Thanks for that info!  I bet it's going to be windy when we're at sea!  I'll probably save my relaxing balcony days for port days.  😉  We're in 10209 and you can only book 2 people into that room which is why I question whether or not the sofa converts to a bed.  I sure hope it does.  Worst case scenario my son can sleep on the couch the way it is.  He's almost 16.  He's used to couch sleeping.  Chair sleeping.  Floor sleeping with the dogs.  He can sleep just about anywhere.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Host CMLA said:

Thanks for that info!  I bet it's going to be windy when we're at sea!  I'll probably save my relaxing balcony days for port days.  😉  We're in 10209 and you can only book 2 people into that room which is why I question whether or not the sofa converts to a bed.  I sure hope it does.  Worst case scenario my son can sleep on the couch the way it is.  He's almost 16.  He's used to couch sleeping.  Chair sleeping.  Floor sleeping with the dogs.  He can sleep just about anywhere.  

Enjoy the Celebration.

• Like 1