day trip from Sydney to Blue Mountains

We are an active couple in our 70/80's and will be staying in the CBD area for a week in Nov. 2024.  We are thinking of taking the train to Blue Mountains for the day.

What do you suggest for our itinerary for short hikes and sight seeing?  Our research is overwhelming with so many things to see.  What would be the top three, for example.

We went to Taronga Zoo last year, Your opinions of Featherdale zoo? (not on the same day)

Any tips greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One of my very favourite memories as I look at the poster I have in front of my desk of the Three Sisters. Incredible view.  Incredible day. We took the train from Sydney and had a lovely day at the Blue Mountains.  A must do.   And simple on top of it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2024 at 3:18 PM, hellokittyluver said:

Has anyone done the Shore Excursion Group trip to the Blue Mountains? It is kind of expensive. But it is a small group excursion. Just wanted some feedback. Thank you in advance.

I’d be interested in hearing about this excursion too. 
The available flight schedules have compelled me to stay an extra day in Sydney following my cruise, and Princess offers this small group excursion concluding at the airport. I’ve already booked a room at Rydge’s Airport Hotel for that night, so the excursion seems like a great way to pass the day.  

Do a day tour with Blue Mountains Tours. www.bluemountainstours.com.au.

One of the best tours we did in Feb24. The owner is outstanding with communication and 

has a wonderful sense of humor. The tour goes to all the top spots and includes pick up/drop off and breakfast and lunch included. Highly recommend!