NCL Spirit to Japan May 2026 (no Haven)

Posted (edited)

One of our first cruises was on NCL Sun in 2018 in South America.  We were invited to Cagney’s and it was a highlight of the trip in a balcony cabin.

We have cruised on Viking in a balcony cabin and on Celebrity in balcony cabins and their small Sky Suite.

We are thinking of doing a Japan cruise 10-13 days in May/June 2026 but not during Golden Week!

I was browsing and I see the Spirit does a cruise.  The price of a suite with airfare for one of us on NCL is pretty competitive with Celebrity.

I see there is no Haven, is that a big negative?  The ship was renovated in 2020.

Can/does NCL price out business class air?  We’re coming from East Coast USA.

I’ll search the forum.  I just wanted to get any impressions about the Spirit.

Edited by zitsky

I've been looking for NCL schedules for cruising in Japan in 2026, Apr-Jun, but not seeing anything yet, on NCL website and also Cruiseplum.

Where are you finding a May 2026 Japan cruise on Spirit?

You will have butler and concierge services. Lunch and breakfast in Cagneys steakhouse, very peaceful and quiet. The Spirit is a beautiful, perfect sized ship. Looks brand new. The best (free) adults only pool area in the fleet and a great observation lounge. I am sure you will love the ship. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Katrina1547 said:

I've been looking for NCL schedules for cruising in Japan in 2026, Apr-Jun, but not seeing anything yet, on NCL website and also Cruiseplum.

Where are you finding a May 2026 Japan cruise on Spirit?

Sorry.  We plan to cruise in 2026.  I only see a schedule to 2025.  I am interested in whatever NCL does in a Japan for 2026.  Whatever that turns out to be.

• Like 1

Sailed Spirit twice.  While oldest ship in fleet, one of our faves.

While no Haven, suite experience pretty good.

Nice layout, buffet action stations.  Last drydock removed Asian theme but looks very nice.  Been running the Trans Pacific route with high prices.

Can't say if good for contemporary cruisers because I have no idea what that means.  Sorry for off your question.

On 5/28/2024 at 9:38 AM, zitsky said:

Can/does NCL price out business class air?  We’re coming from East Coast USA.

Yes, but not as part of the NCL BOGO Air. Here's a website where you can get more info on air, including their premium air service which will cost you $50 (travel agents/companies like NCL don't make a commission on flights which is why they may charge a fee). 

Air Service Standards: https://www.ncl.com/air-service-standards

Air Sea Program: https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/airsea - scroll down to Customization Charges for a phone number to call. 

• Thanks 1