Updated Music & Shows on NS & Rotterdam ?

After several years of not sailing with HAL , we are considering a Caribbean sailing next winter on either of the two Pinnacle ships. We are confident that the service, food, ambiance and cabins will be great. Our concern- will there be music around the ship in the evening, besides BB King and the Rolling Stone Band? We enjoy good music and dancing and don’t think the Rolling Stone Band will do much other than play rock. What happens when BB king ( which we almost always love) are not playing?   I seem to remember a DJ Onboard in previous years ? We just recently sailed on the Enchanted Princess and there was great music everywhere. We also find Celebrity quite alive, although lately it’s been all about Silent Disco and headline the band! 

‘I’ve read that HAL is adding production shows to the main stage which is great and very much needed! My concerns are with the music and dancing options. Also enjoy music while having a pre dinner cocktail. Does this exist? 

My fellow cruisers, I would greatly appreciate whatever first hand information you can provide. Many thanks! 

We got off the NS last month.  They did have an hour of ballroom dancing in the early evening in the BB Kings lounge.  It was recorded music with a DJ, but at least it was available!

I didn't notice any pre dinner music, but wasn't looking!

23 minutes ago, fusion927 said:

We got off the NS last month.  They did have an hour of ballroom dancing in the early evening in the BB Kings lounge.  It was recorded music with a DJ, but at least it was available!

I didn't notice any pre dinner music, but wasn't looking!

Thank you . Did you happen to notice if there was a DJ in the BB Kings Lounge once the band played their last set? 

We are on the NS now and they do have a DJ in BB Kings Lounge

ge after the last set. Still have the early ballroom dancing hour but no piano in Ocean Bar so really no pre-dinner music. They have a good selection of World Stage music. We didn’t go to many but they had shows with singers/dancers, magician, 3 tenors, pianist and instrumentalist. Each has done 2 shows in the 12 days onboard. 

Bob

Thank you so very much for clarifying & the info on the shows! Quick question - are the shows 7 & 9 as I remember them to be in the past? We have selected 8pm ( main seating) for dinner. If the BB King bands are as great as we remember them to be, we will be all set! 

Hope you are enjoying your Cruise & that it has met your expectations! 

6 hours ago, fusion927 said:

We got off the NS last month.  They did have an hour of ballroom dancing in the early evening in the BB Kings lounge.

Please, was it strictly ballroom?  (Waltz, foxtrot, tango, Rumba, swing?)  Or just ridiculous nightclub swaying?

People tell me that I'm going on Hospice of the Seas for the nearly dead.....

We were on the Nieuw Statendam in December and the Rotterdam last month - both Caribbean itineraries. There was a DJ at the end of each night in the BB King Lounge. There was ballroom dancing late each afternoon. There was also dance instruction most days.

Posted (edited)

Billboard on Board is now one piano and much like the piano bar of old with frequent requests. I like it, especially the musical theater selections. 

Tomono was the guest pianist for 2 shows. She is excellent. 

BB Kings also enjoyable as usual. 

20240527_203844.jpg

Edited by St Pete Cruiser
Spelling

16 hours ago, fusion927 said:

We got off the NS last month.  They did have an hour of ballroom dancing in the early evening in the BB Kings lounge.

Please, was it strictly ballroom?  (Waltz, foxtrot, tango, Rumba, swing?)  Or just ridiculous nightclub swaying?

People tell me that I'm going on Hospice of the Seas for the nearly dead.....

I think that I found my answer on this YouTube video.   At 5:00 some days is Ballroom Dancing hour, and other days some Tai Chi or stretching hour.  That's about it.  

For the other 23 hours, I'll pack earplugs and books to read.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigTeee said:

People tell me that I'm going on Hospice of the Seas for the nearly dead...

This is the third time you have posted this 'quote'.  If it is an attempt at humour it is seriously wasted on me.  If you are not looking forward to your cruise then don't travel. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

This is the third time you have posted this 'quote'.  If it is an attempt at humour it is seriously wasted on me.  If you are not looking forward to your cruise then don't travel. 

I agree. I was just on the Rotterdam for two weeks and there were some young families there, with children ranging from toddlers to teens. All were well-behaved and seemed to enjoy themselves. 

• Like 2

!sorry.  I am not expert at this technology.   I'll try to delete the duplicates?  This website is hard to use.

It seems to me that there is organized dancing or stretching every day @ 5:00 for an hour.  Fine by me.  First time HAL experience for me.  My friends all did HAL before CCL bought HAL and it seems different now so trying to set my expectations. 

6 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Was about to post the same! We get the point, no one forced this person to book!

I am sailing on the Rotterdam this September. I know, HAL is booked by a lot of older people. I’ll guess there will be no ‘club setting’ in the late evenings? Or is the BB the place to be? I am 32 so I am wondering what kind of entertainment is the best for me during my trip.