Caribbean Princess- a few comments

We’re just off Caribbean Princess and we ate, and enjoyed, our main dining room meals every night.  Found the food comparable to Sky and Enchanted.

No COVID on board that we know of but LOTS of colds/coughing.

4 minutes ago, Senga said:

No COVID on board that we know of but LOTS of colds/coughing.

Hah! 
Give it a day or two, and check back with an update 🦠 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ellipooh said:

Hah! 
Give it a day or two, and check back with an update 🦠 

We arrived home Friday, it’s now Wednesday.  Negative.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with you, First Teacher, some nights hard pressed to find acceptable food on diningroom menu. Very little chicken. We were on the May 31 Norway and Iceland sailing. Our stateroom was in terrible shape when we arrived. Dusty and grimey. Carpet not vacuumed.  Coughers everywhere. Confirmed norovirus as well.   Both of us left ship with Covid. Ports great except we missed Reykjavik due to high winds. We wore our masks  continously but still ended up with Covid. I believe the room stewards are spreading it from cabin to cabin. Our mistake is we had an oceanview cabin. As it was to be a cold weather cruise  I falsely assuned we would not need a balcony. Big mistake opening balcony door allows forca clearing of germs and airs out cabin of all that stagmant air. We were disappointed our cabin smelled like sewage as well most days.  We will redo this cruise in 2025 on a more updated ship. 

@pink845 Sorry to hear you have COVID and didn't have a great experience.  We were in D518 and had a wonderful experience; nothing negative to report.  We also enjoyed the MDR dining with the best waiter we've ever had.  We did this cruise last year on Sky Princess and missed 3 out of 4 Iceland ports due to high waves/weather.  We wore our masks and didn't attend ANY entertainment venues.  Fortunately we both ended up with just colds; negative for COVID.

I'm amazed you didn't have a basic chicken dish on the menu every night. I'm used to seeing Pan Roasted Chicken Breast on the MDR menu every evening. I've never ordered it but my wife said it was good.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I'm amazed you didn't have a basic chicken dish on the menu every night. I'm used to seeing Pan Roasted Chicken Breast on the MDR menu every evening. I've never ordered it but my wife said it was good.

They explained to us that we were “lucky” that the everyday chicken breast had been replaced with steak.  Unfortunately the steak was quite tough.

17 minutes ago, Thrak said:

My son in law ordered it every night that we’ve dined in the MDR so far. It never left the menu in 5 nights. And I expect to see it 2 more times. 

1 minute ago, Senga said:

They explained to us that we were “lucky” that the everyday chicken breast had been replaced with steak.  Unfortunately the steak was quite tough.

Bummer. I've only had two experiences with the MDR steak. The first one I didn't finish as it was extremely tough and utterly flavorless. The second time I was blown away. They served me a steak that was cooked "Medium" rather than "Medium Rare" like I had ordered but I swear it was the most flavorful steak I've ever had on Princess. Much more flavorful than I've had in Crown Grill, Sterling Steakhouse, or Bayou Cafe. It was also quite tender. Like I said, I was totally blown away to get a steak like that in MDR.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Bummer. I've only had two experiences with the MDR steak. The first one I didn't finish as it was extremely tough and utterly flavorless. The second time I was blown away. They served me a steak that was cooked "Medium" rather than "Medium Rare" like I had ordered but I swear it was the most flavorful steak I've ever had on Princess. Much more flavorful than I've had in Crown Grill, Sterling Steakhouse, or Bayou Cafe. It was also quite tender. Like I said, I was totally blown away to get a steak like that in MDR.

We’ve order the “strip loin” twice and both times it was tough as shoe leather. Hard to cut. Harder to chew. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BamaVol said:

My son in law ordered it every night that we’ve dined in the MDR so far. It never left the menu in 5 nights. And I expect to see it 2 more times. 

Guess different itineraries have different choices.