Tranquility gone in Beyond Solarium

13 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I know you’re just explaining to the poster but I find it confusing when people say “family time…. Because no one goes to the Solarium at 4pm.”  Well maybe I’ve been there since 2 pm and I want to stay there until 6pm to get ready for dinner.  Reading my book and listening to Opera like everyone should and relaxing.

On Eclipse as I said 1) pool was full with children and 2) families were hogging hot tubs and actively discouraging adults from getting in and sharing the space.

Translation, I wasn’t wanted and they hurt my feelings.

I would make them unwanted and hurting their feelings (and ears) by going in with a nice shot of scotch and singing some Opera:

Toreador, en guard! Toreador, Toreador!
And dream away, yes, dream in combat,
That a black eye is watching you,
And that love awaits you,
Toreador, love awaits you!

4 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

I would make them unwanted and hurting their feelings (and ears) by going in with a nice shot of scotch and singing some Opera:

Toreador, en guard! Toreador, Toreador!
And dream away, yes, dream in combat,
That a black eye is watching you,
And that love awaits you,
Toreador, love awaits you!

It was funny in the hot tub.  I speak some basic Spanish having traveled to Latin America several times over the years.  I used my polite words (in Spanish) getting into the hot tub.  The guy pretended not to understand me as he sat there with his kids.  Speaking Spanish.  🙄

Family time I can accept.  Refusing to share resources because it’s “your turn” to bring your kids into the adult only area is as entitled as they get.  Someone will tell me that I’m the entitled one for wanting to use an adults only area.  I don’t set the rules, Celebrity does.  Folks could still learn some manners.  I don’t get to go to the kid’s club, do I?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2024 at 6:18 AM, C4HCG said:

Educate me NMT as we have only ever sailed Celebrity, do other lines enforce their rules strictly? I understand why Celebrity staff don’t, they don’t want to upset customers and be given negative feedback, and for that reason I would imagine other lines are similar. And have you thought about laying most of the blame on the passengers who break the rules rather than blame Celebrity (which I know is a favourite pastime of yours)😜

I would say that some lines enforce their rules and others do not do a good job.  For example on Royal,  NCL,  and Celebrity you will have kiddos running the halls.  Lax enforcement.

I have yet to see this on Princess.

Celebrity was given negative feedback for the kiddos running the halls on the survey.  You can't charge premium prices for meh experiences.

The passengers breaking the rules and their parents are part of the problem yes.  Celebrity not enforcing it is the other part.

When I sail on my next cruise I will compare the Princess Sanctuary to the Celebrity Solarium.  We will see which venue is more relaxing...

Ahem I would compare my last cruise to Celebrity,  but I was told that it was not a fair comparison...

Edited by NMTraveller