B2B credit on two different ships?

curmudgeon98

Sort of an odd situation, but we have two Azamara cruises coming up that are B2B in days sailed, but on two different ships.  Onward sailing from Stockholm to Southampton, followed by Quest from Southampton to Lisbon.  Both ships happen to be in Southampton on the same day, and the second half Quest itinerary suited us better than sticking with Onward for the next leg, so we are shifting from one ship to the other that day.  The B2B OBC wasn't specifically on our minds when doing this, but it would be nice to have. 

Reading the B2B OBC terms didn't show any requirement that both legs be on the same ship, but at the same time, the online request form for the credit didn't really accommodate the situation.  I put in the request, but haven't heard anything back.  We last did a B2B a couple of years ago and got the credit, but my memory is fuzzy as to what the process or notification was like for the OBC. 

Any comments on recent B2B OBC process, or this specific situation would be appreciated.   

I don't think it is counted as B2B if you change ships even though the cruise line is the same. It is always worth giving Azamara a call, they may pay out 

• Like 2

This is the kind of unique situation in which a really good travel agent could probably help. If you call Azamara yourself, you may not get to a person who has the authority to make this happen.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, curmudgeon98 said:

Sort of an odd situation, but we have two Azamara cruises coming up that are B2B in days sailed, but on two different ships.  Onward sailing from Stockholm to Southampton, followed by Quest from Southampton to Lisbon.  Both ships happen to be in Southampton on the same day, and the second half Quest itinerary suited us better than sticking with Onward for the next leg, so we are shifting from one ship to the other that day.  The B2B OBC wasn't specifically on our minds when doing this, but it would be nice to have. 

Reading the B2B OBC terms didn't show any requirement that both legs be on the same ship, but at the same time, the online request form for the credit didn't really accommodate the situation.  I put in the request, but haven't heard anything back.  We last did a B2B a couple of years ago and got the credit, but my memory is fuzzy as to what the process or notification was like for the OBC. 

Any comments on recent B2B OBC process, or this specific situation would be appreciated.   

Did you book the two cruises onboard?  If so, the B2B OBC, if applicable, would have been notified to you at the time.

I asked your specific question of an excellent Future Cruise Manager onboard last year and was told no, qualifying B2B OBC must be completed on the same ship.

In the end we booked something else - but OBC definitely was not a factor!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yes you qualify for B2B OBC.  We did a similar change in 2022.  We finished in Dublin and left the Pursuit on August 7th then flew to Amsterdam and boarded the Quest on August the 8th.  We applied for the $400 B2B OBC and received it on both cruises.

Edited by Work in to Cruise 2023
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Work in to Cruise 2023 said:

Yes you qualify for B2B OBC.  We did a similar change in 2022.  We finished in Dublin and left the Pursuit on August 7th then flew to Amsterdam and boarded the Quest on August the 8th.  We applied for the $400 B2B OBC and received it on both cruises.

Wow, not even a B2B. I wonder what the maximum time limit is that two cruises can be considered to be a B2B, e.g., 1 day, up to 1 week, up to 2 weeks or even longer ?

Could your situation have been a post -Covid pandemic incentive ?

Well done for getting it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Work in to Cruise 2023 said:

I think I was told as long as the two were 4 days or less apart, (memory is fading these days so this number should be checked to verify), then the B2B credit would be allowed

I've missed a trick here. A couple of times. I never thought you could do this. 

Phil 

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2024 at 6:35 AM, curmudgeon98 said:

We have done this, in 2022, and received b2b credit.  We were two days between cruises.  Azamara has changed the way they are processing them now, though, putting both sailings under one booking number.  
Did you book using a TA?  If so, they will need to call Azamara to have it applied.  If you booked directly you will need to phone them.  

Edited by laurieb
  • Like 1