Century Vs. Zenith- Help!!!

Jill and Jo

Has anyone sailed on both ships?? A group of us that just got home from a Century cruise are looking to book a reunion cruise on Zenith. We are getting mixed reviews. Can you tell us the similarities and the differences particularly in the cabin descriptions, food, entertainment and service. Any help would be appreciated. Some reviews have it as old and rickity and others say it is the best cruise they have been on. We would like recommendations..good AND bad. Thanks!!

I have not been on the Century but on the Galaxy and the M class several times. I have lost count how many times I have been on the Zenith and have always enjoyed my vacation. I usually take her to Bermuda 1-2 times a year. Of course the trip is really one day at sea in each direction and mostly docked in Bermuda. The ship is small but the staff is the best and the Celebrity quality is top notch. Would I take her on a trip that had a lot of sea days... hmmm no balconies would be my biggest issue. Choice between work and the Zenith - I'll send you a post card!:D

Hi, I have sailed both ships. Century 3 times and Zenith once...though

going again next month.

My favorite ship is Century (and will always be) but I had a very

good time on Zenith last month~yes, I sailed her for the first time

last month and will be back on her next month:)

Lets see, comparisons....Zenith is much smaller. 46,000 tons as opposed

to 70,000 Century.

The Dining room is only one level as opposed to the Grand on Century

which is 2.

Zenith is older by 3 years. I believe she was built in 1992 and I know

Century was built in 1995.

As for the condition, you will get varied replies. I had no problems

with Zenith.

The staff and crew were outstanding (as they are on all my X cruises).

In my opinion, Century is a bit more elegant in her ambiance

but Zenith was an excellent cruise too!

Like Lois, Century is my favorite Celebrity ship. I've been on 4 two week cruises on Zenith, a similar number on Century. The price on Zenith would have to be way lower to attract me back. I think in comparison the Zenith looks cheap... all those white formica looking-walls.. but the main down side is the crowding. Dining room tables are crowded together, the buffet is poorly laid out. Activities, food and service are wonderful on both. I would rather sail on other lines than go back to Zenith. Last year we came of an older HAL ship (Veendam) and the ship was much nicer, food and service was comparable. If you like the two week cruise out of Tampa, I would suggest giving HAL a try. If you want to stay with X think of doing a B2B on any other ship in the fleet.

i agree with the previous posters.THE ZENITH IS SMALLER AND SHOWS SIGNS OF AGING BUT IS WELL MAINTANED.THE STAFF AND FOOD ARE GREAT I HAD AN EXCELLENT VACATION AND WOULD GO AGAIN IF IT WAS A GOOD DEAL.HOWEVER I DO PREFER LARGER SHIPS I WAS ON THE GALAXY AND IT SEEMED TO BE A SMOTHER RIDE

Archived