NCL Itinerary doesn't match port schedules...

Traveling on Getaway 09/19..

There's been a lot of talk here and elsewhere about Santorini being cancelled when the passenger count of ships exceeds the island's imposed limit of 10,000 passengers.There are 4 big ships scheduled for 9/28 according to crusiemapper

We are scheduled for Crete on the 27 and Santorini on the 28. I went to the actual Greek websites and Santorini shows us arriving in the 27 and Crete on the 28th.

NCL has no answer. Actually , they had 3 different answers and not one was confidence inspiring.They also have not had any excursions in Santorini posted since we booked in January.

I don't really care about Santorini but have a Viator excursion planned for Crete. It's "book now, pay later" and fully refundable within 24 hours of excursion. I went ahead and booked it for both days.

Question: do you believe NCL or the individual port websites?

I know who gets my vote- I'm just curious.

Thank you! 

5 minutes ago, DrUrsula said:

Traveling on Getaway 09/19..

There's been a lot of talk here and elsewhere about Santorini being cancelled when the passenger count of ships exceeds the island's imposed limit of 10,000 passengers.There are 4 big ships scheduled for 9/28 according to crusiemapper

We are scheduled for Crete on the 27 and Santorini on the 28. I went to the actual Greek websites and Santorini shows us arriving in the 27 and Crete on the 28th.

NCL has no answer. Actually , they had 3 different answers and not one was confidence inspiring.They also have not had any excursions in Santorini posted since we booked in January.

I don't really care about Santorini but have a Viator excursion planned for Crete. It's "book now, pay later" and fully refundable within 24 hours of excursion. I went ahead and booked it for both days.

Thank you! 

How confusing! I have that same cruise itinerary for 9/1. They have already made one change from Volos to Thessaloniki. I had to reschedule a few tours and dinner reservations to accommodate the change. My excursion for Santorini is through NCL, but I wish I could have more confidence that the schedule is accurate and permanent.

We put a lot of time, money and effort in planning these Mediterranean cruises. NCL needs to do better.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, DrUrsula said:

Thank you! 

If I had to make a decision based on information NCL provides or a port website, I'd choose the port. 

• Like 6

Yes I would choose the port authorities website over NCL.  I did this for our Australian cruise leaving Sidney last year.  NCL listed the downtown dock while port authority listed another dock across the bay. Port Authority was correct.  Port Authority showed this months in advance.  NCL didn't adjust until a week before the cruise...  No use calling NCL as they didn't have a clue...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

We are hoping to meet up with family that I haven't seen since I was 21 when we hit Thessaloniki. I warned them that it's really not firm!

We haven't had any excursion options offered for Santorini.

31 minutes ago, DrUrsula said:

We are hoping to meet up with family that I haven't seen since I was 21 when we hit Thessaloniki. I warned them that it's really not firm!

We haven't had any excursion options offered for Santorini.

They’ve listed several Santorini excursions for our sailing, but none for Kasadasi.

35 minutes ago, AlaskaGoer said:

Interesting. 

They estimate the passengers for my ship at around 3k.

But it can hold between 4228 - 5074.

I saw the same for Epic and Getaway. Maybe they figure a certain percent gets off the ship?

40 minutes ago, DrUrsula said:

I saw the same for Epic and Getaway. Maybe they figure a certain percent gets off the ship?

Maybe. That's an awful difference though lol

19 hours ago, AlaskaGoer said:

Interesting. 

They estimate the passengers for my ship at around 3k.

But it can hold between 4228 - 5074.

That’s the greek way of making impossible things possible 😂 The port is allowed to hold a max number of pax per day. So to accommodate all ships they estimate the numbers to be ”whatever they must be to allow all the ships of that day to port”. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1