Lost OBC

Has anyone ever changed cabins - to a higher grade with the subsequent increase in cost then lost some of the obc on the original cabin. I know that the cruise has gone down in price but we had to pay the rate for the cruise when we booked. In that case I would expect the obc to also be as per the time we booked. Hoping someone at P&O has made a human (clerical) error. Any experience of this?

4 hours ago, sandancer said:

Has anyone ever changed cabins - to a higher grade with the subsequent increase in cost then lost some of the obc on the original cabin. I know that the cruise has gone down in price but we had to pay the rate for the cruise when we booked. In that case I would expect the obc to also be as per the time we booked. Hoping someone at P&O has made a human (clerical) error. Any experience of this?

Have did this early May, by upgrade bid system and kept OBC.  Also done it previously (poss this time last year by full price asked and kept all the OBC, but did not get the extra OBC we would have got if booked the higher grade on initial booking..  I think you are right and that it is a mistake, so would ask about it.

Last week we also changed our choice of extra OBC to parking and OBC and got the full amount of OBC that we would have had when we originally booked the cruise onboard Aurora, earlier this month, if we had chosen parking + basic OBC then.  Got a lot extra for the on board booking, so thought we may have lost that, so checked before we told our agent to go ahead with it, as would not have changed that otherwise.

Our TA is onto the case. I’ve got high hopes that this was just an error and will be corrected. It is a substantial sum of money so fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

On 5/31/2024 at 7:10 PM, sandancer said:

Our TA is onto the case. I’ve got high hopes that this was just an error and will be corrected. It is a substantial sum of money so fingers crossed. 

Good luck, hope all works out well.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2024 at 7:10 PM, sandancer said:

Have you managed to get the OBC back?  We are now looking to upgrade a sea view to a balcony tomorrow and do not want to have problems with OBC.

29 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Yes. Our TA has followed up and it was an error. New invoice being sent showing the full OBC. 

Thanks for the reply, I thought that should be the case, but glad you are sorted.