Changing assigned dining time

There are 6 of us in 3 cabins.  When I booked, late seating was our only option.  I waitlisted.  One cabin was moved to early but not the other two.  The person I "chatted" with indicated that I should ask the maitre d when we board the ship to change to early seating, because there was no guarantee that all 3 cabins would be changed on the waitlist.  Hence, I "unwaitlisted".

I am curious if anyone has had any success in switching dining times for a group of 6 or 8.  If so, please share your secrets with me.  🙂

Are all of your cabins linked together? You should do that first. Not sure if anything would change. Speak to them once on board. They might be able to accommodate you. Not guaranteed though. We tried it once and it was only the two of us and we were unsuccessful. Good luck!…….btw, it’s not an E class ship is it?

27 minutes ago, mom2kandz said:

There are 6 of us in 3 cabins.  When I booked, late seating was our only option.  I waitlisted.  One cabin was moved to early but not the other two.  The person I "chatted" with indicated that I should ask the maitre d when we board the ship to change to early seating, because there was no guarantee that all 3 cabins would be changed on the waitlist.  Hence, I "unwaitlisted".

I am curious if anyone has had any success in switching dining times for a group of 6 or 8.  If so, please share your secrets with me.  🙂

What ship?

if you can't get in to early,  can you get anytime dining..and make res for each day?  We could not eat at late dining ..way too late( esp for a diabetic)

hope the ship will be accomodating once you are on board!

We will be on the Eclipse sailing on July 21,2024 to Bermuda. I did link the cabins but they still only changed one cabin and I was afraid our family would be split up.  I am an early bird.  Up at 6am and bed by 10pm.  I'll be falling asleep in my sorbet!  I doubt there is a table for 6 at early seating that really wanted late seating but you never know!  Thanks for the replies!