Am I asking too much?

dontpanik

I am looking to do a private, accessible van tour for 6 people that includes a drive to the rainforest.  My DH and I took a Victor Bodden tour when we were in Roatan and we were looking like something along the same lines, but with an accessible van.  My father was stationed in San Juan for a time during the Vietnam war and has been back only once, on a cruise, and he and my mom explored a very little bit on their own in old town but due to his use of a scooter, they were a bit limited on how far they could go.  We are talking a cruise in January with my DH and I, my parents and a couple that are family friends for 50 years. Ideally, I would like an accessible van that can pick us up at the port, drive through the rainforest, maybe stopping at a few scenic photo spots, and then maybe back to old town to drive by the fort and stop for some shopping maybe a bit away from the walking distance from the ships. (not necessarily in any order).  I have seen some tours that tend to stay in the city.  Is this even something that would be doable and where can I start to look?

Any help is greatly appreciated as I was ill the only time we stopped there and did all our sight seeing from the verandah when we headed into port and this will be the only time we get to go with my dad.

My suggestion would be to do a Google search for  San Juan tourism specific sites, and/or Trip Advisor search for the same, since your need is a bit outside the realm of being cruise related.

21 hours ago, dontpanik said:

I am looking to do a private, accessible van tour for 6 people that includes a drive to the rainforest.  My DH and I took a Victor Bodden tour when we were in Roatan and we were looking like something along the same lines, but with an accessible van.  My father was stationed in San Juan for a time during the Vietnam war and has been back only once, on a cruise, and he and my mom explored a very little bit on their own in old town but due to his use of a scooter, they were a bit limited on how far they could go.  We are talking a cruise in January with my DH and I, my parents and a couple that are family friends for 50 years. Ideally, I would like an accessible van that can pick us up at the port, drive through the rainforest, maybe stopping at a few scenic photo spots, and then maybe back to old town to drive by the fort and stop for some shopping maybe a bit away from the walking distance from the ships. (not necessarily in any order).  I have seen some tours that tend to stay in the city.  Is this even something that would be doable and where can I start to look?

Any help is greatly appreciated as I was ill the only time we stopped there and did all our sight seeing from the verandah when we headed into port and this will be the only time we get to go with my dad.

Here’s a link to the thread below one’s post….

Suggest to contact the Tourist Board direct for the answers, then follow this thread….

Posted (edited)

Hi I have booked a van for our group with Bespoke Lifestyle Tours. Can't provide a review yet as we go in July. They were very helpful over email. Email and see if they can accommodate you.

Bespokelifestyle.com

Fully customized tours.

Edited by knbcruisers
Add website