CRUISENEXT DOUBLEUP! Any Cabin June 1st – June 12th, 2024

CRUISENEXT DOUBLEUP! OFFER
Booking Window: June 1st – June 12th, 2024 11:59 PM EST
Offer Details:Book any stateroom on any sailing booked 4 months prior to sailing and apply TWO CruiseNext, CruiseNext Haven or CruiseNext Lite credits.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Cool!

All I have to do now is book a cruise in the next day, or so, so I can be onboard to buy CruiseNext certs and use them before the deadline.

Oh wait...I can get the same effect by buying CruiseFirst certs. 😛

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Haha 1

On a related note, I just confirmed (as others have reported) that CN's purchased under the new program terms can be applied to an existing reservation.  

CN purchased: 5/8/24

Cruise booked: 5/27/24

Deposit paid with (older) CN: 5/29/24

DoubleUp applied (added $250 payment via new CN purchased 5/8/24): 6/1/24

For those who aren't familiar, NCL's terms suggest that this cannot be done:

CRUISENEXT CREDIT
Terms & Conditions for CruiseNext Credits purchased on sailings embarking on or after January 11, 2024

CNC and CNHC are only redeemable as payment towards new reservations on future Norwegian Cruise Line sailings.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Cool!

All I have to do now is book a cruise in the next day, or so, so I can be onboard to buy CruiseNext certs and use them before the deadline.

Nope. Current CF offer is $150/$300

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

I didn't know that you can buy a CruiseFirst and apply it to an existing reservation.  Is that new?

CRUISEFIRST CREDITS
FREE $150 WITH CRUISEFIRST
Booking Window: June 1st - June 6th, 2024 11:59 PM EST.
Terms & Conditions For CruiseFirst Credits purchased on or after 12:30 PM EST, January 9, 2024
CFC(s) can be applied as stateroom deposits or as payment towards new reservations ONLY. 

1. CFC(s) are not applicable towards canceled/rebooked reservations. If a guest with an existing reservation cancels and rebooks the same ship and sail date with a CFC, the CFC will be removed.

Have you tested and confirmed that they can be used like I just did with the CNs?  Also, according to NCL's website, you can't save the $250 I just did by buying a CruiseFirst for your new reservation right now (only $150).  I suppose you could just book it and then buy a CruiseFirst during the next promo and apply it to your reservation (assuming that the above terms don't really apply).  Please let us know if this works.

PURCHASE A CRUISEFIRST CREDIT

Act now to secure a $150 CruiseFirst Credit for $300 off any 6+ day cruise you book today or in the future. 

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Nope. Current CF offer is $150/$300

So...if I don't have any CH certs, my only option is to spend thousands on a cruise in the next few days, so I can buy some CN certs to get the double up offer.

Hmmm...seems a bit counter-intuitive.

5 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I didn't know that you can buy a CruiseFirst and apply it to an existing reservation.  Is that new?

CRUISEFIRST CREDITS
FREE $150 WITH CRUISEFIRST
Booking Window: June 1st - June 6th, 2024 11:59 PM EST.
Terms & Conditions For CruiseFirst Credits purchased on or after 12:30 PM EST, January 9, 2024
CFC(s) can be applied as stateroom deposits or as payment towards new reservations ONLY. 

1. CFC(s) are not applicable towards canceled/rebooked reservations. If a guest with an existing reservation cancels and rebooks the same ship and sail date with a CFC, the CFC will be removed.

Have you tested and confirmed that they can be used like I just did with the CNs?  Also, according to NCL's website, you can't save the $250 I just did by buying a CruiseFirst for your new reservation right now (only $150).  I suppose you could just book it and they buy a CruiseFirst during the next promo and apply it to your reservation (assuming that the above terms don't really apply).  Please let us know if this works.

PURCHASE A CRUISEFIRST CREDIT

Act now to secure a $150 CruiseFirst Credit for $300 off any 6+ day cruise you book today or in the future. 

AFAIK, CF can only be used on new reservations - clearly spelled out in the terms. As opposed to the not-so-specific terminology with CN, made more specific with the new terms.

Just a word of warning - and hopefully it doesn't happen - but their system doesn't seem to be set to authenticate everything initially. So just because you were able to apply the CN doesn't mean it will pass a future audit. Haven't heard of that happening so far but at some point they might decide to enforce the new booking only clause.

2 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

So...if I don't have any CH certs, my only option is to spend thousands on a cruise in the next few days, so I can buy some CN certs to get the double up offer.

Hmmm...seems a bit counter-intuitive.

Not your only option. You can buy CNs online - the book-site that is set up for buying/selling only allows people to sell at cost - or below. The "double up" offer isn't that special - it's almost always in effect if you are booking a balcony or above. The promo changes every couple of weeks, seems like the "any cabin" offer is around every couple of promo cycles.

You can buy CFs the next time they have a $250/$500 offer - they have to be bought 4 months in advance of your cruise. If I had to guess, I'd say they are on the opposite cycle to "double up" 

CF and CN programs are different entities with different target audiences, more or less for new cruisers vs repeat cruisers. Their programs, their rules.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Just a word of warning - and hopefully it doesn't happen - but their system doesn't seem to be set to authenticate everything initially. So just because you were able to apply the CN doesn't mean it will pass a future audit. Haven't heard of that happening so far but at some point they might decide to enforce the new booking only clause.

You may be right.  I have held off on stockpiling the new CNs and what I just did is a test case so I can see it for myself.  It's one leg of a booked B2B2B.  The other legs currently just have a single CN that I used for the deposit.  These are in 2026, so I have plenty of time to watch and learn.  On all cruises prior to that, I currently have a pair of older CNs applied to each reservation.  We've never seen a report of that failing.

Edited by ChiefMateJRK

14 minutes ago, julig22 said:

You can buy CFs the next time they have a $250/$500 offer - they have to be bought 4 months in advance of your cruise. If I had to guess, I'd say they are on the opposite cycle to "double up" 

The $500 cruisefirst were offered just before (and maybe during) the US Memorial Day holiday last week.  I brought some. 

17 minutes ago, julig22 said:

CF and CN programs are different entities with different target audiences, more or less for new cruisers vs repeat cruisers. Their programs, their rules.

As a very much repeat cruiser, I'd ignored cruisefirst, as we always have some cruisenext in stock.  But with the $500 deal, it's like a double cruise next all the time (we mostly book b2b+ far in advance, often when a series of cruises is first announced).  

16 minutes ago, Rob_H said:

As a very much repeat cruiser, I'd ignored cruisefirst, as we always have some cruisenext in stock.  But with the $500 deal, it's like a double cruise next all the time (we mostly book b2b+ far in advance, often when a series of cruises is first announced).  

That may make sense for you, but consider this.  If you use a $500 CF on a 2026 cruise, you're lending NCL $250 interest free.  If I book the same 2026 cruise with a single CN, I'm lending NCL $125 interest free.  I have many cruises scheduled between now and then.  I can buy another CN at any point up until final payment and just add that during the next DoubleUp. Not a huge difference, but I just consider CNs more liquid, which is a good thing.

59 minutes ago, julig22 said:

. You can buy CNs online - the book-site

Are you able to share the link, interested in buying for my next cruise.

2 minutes ago, Sayuil said:

Are you able to share the link, interested in buying for my next cruise.

Sorry, don't think that's allowed here. But if you go to that other site and search for NCL Cruise Next Certificate you should be able to find it.

14 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

You can apply a CF after booking.  And the terms for CF are just as vague as the terms for CN

Have you done this yourself?  I'm asking because I know that you are a smart guy and if you tell me that you did and it works it is meaningful to me.

Since I have the mic, I'll toss out one other consideration. 

In August 2022, I booked an April 2023 B2B AK cruise.  The latitudes bonus offer was an extra point per night.  A month or two later, NCL announced a double bonus points latitudes offer for AK cruises in 2023.  The prices had not changed.  I called NCL and they told me they would apply the new promo.  The invoices they sent still just reflected the "LATITUDE" single point promo.  I didn't trust what I had been told, and decided just to cancel and rebook both legs.  Upon checking, the first leg had reverted to "guarantee," and I didn't want to lose my room choice for both legs of the B2B.  I did cancel and rebook the second leg, and the invoice correctly showed the "LATDBLX" promo.  In a single phone call I cancelled the original reservation and had them immediately change the room on my new reservation so that my B2B rooms would be the same.

After the cruise, I was awarded exactly what I expected.  One bonus point per night for the first leg and two for the second.  What's the point?  If I had used a CF, I would not have been able to save that $250 for the rebooking.  If I had used CNs, I would.  I needed the double points for at least one leg to make it to Platinum, so that was a motivator.

On 6/1/2024 at 7:34 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

Have you done this yourself?  I'm asking because I know that you are a smart guy and if you tell me that you did and it works it is meaningful to me.

Since I have the mic, I'll toss out one other consideration. 

In August 2022, I booked an April 2023 B2B AK cruise.  The latitudes bonus offer was an extra point per night.  A month or two later, NCL announced a double bonus points latitudes offer for AK cruises in 2023.  The prices had not changed.  I called NCL and they told me they would apply the new promo.  The invoices they sent still just reflected the "LATITUDE" single point promo.  I didn't trust what I had been told, and decided just to cancel and rebook both legs.  Upon checking, the first leg had reverted to "guarantee," and I didn't want to lose my room choice for both legs of the B2B.  I did cancel and rebook the second leg, and the invoice correctly showed the "LATDBLX" promo.  In a single phone call I cancelled the original reservation and had them immediately change the room on my new reservation so that my B2B rooms would be the same.

After the cruise, I was awarded exactly what I expected.  One bonus point per night for the first leg and two for the second.  What's the point?  If I had used a CF, I would not have been able to save that $250 for the rebooking.  If I had used CNs, I would.  I needed the double points for at least one leg to make it to Platinum, so that was a motivator.

I have.  Of course, sometimes with NLC things fall thru the cracks so it could very well have been a one time gift, but honestly, I haven't seen anyone post that they actually tried and it didn't work.  Folks seem to concentrate of the term that says it's for new reservations only, but the CN has the exact same term and we all know that you can apply CN anytime up to final payment.  Honestly, I think we're all probably confusing the term "new reservation" with "at time of booking"  Just my opinion.  anyway, I can say that at least one person (me) was able to add a cert after booking

25 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

I have.  Of course, sometimes with NLC things fall thru the cracks so it could very well have been a one time gift, but honestly, I haven't seen anyone post that they actually tried and it didn't work.  Folks seem to concentrate of the term that says it's for new reservations only, but the CN has the exact same term and we all know that you can apply CN anytime up to final payment.  Honestly, I think we're all probably confusing the term "new reservation" with "at time of booking"  Just my opinion.  anyway, I can say that at least one person (me) was able to add a cert after booking

I suspect the reason the “new reservation “/“at time of booking” terms are effectively ignored on the vouchers is because their website can’t handle them properly, it has a fit if you use one for a deposit as its not the same amount as the required deposit and it’s hit and miss at handling them for a part payment. I usually end up paying a deposit with my credit card and then calling the support line or PCC to get the Voucher applied. Also I contact my PCC to add the extra voucher when a double/triple up promo is running. 

24 minutes ago, eileeshb said:

I suspect the reason the “new reservation “/“at time of booking” terms are effectively ignored on the vouchers is because their website can’t handle them properly, it has a fit if you use one for a deposit as its not the same amount as the required deposit and it’s hit and miss at handling them for a part payment. I usually end up paying a deposit with my credit card and then calling the support line or PCC to get the Voucher applied. Also I contact my PCC to add the extra voucher when a double/triple up promo is running. 

you've also done it with a CF or are you only speaking about CN?  Also, have you had a problem in the past just applying the cert as the deposit?  was just wondering why you use the credit card then call in to use the cert if it's already sitting in your account

1 hour ago, dbrown84 said:

Thanks.  Was this against a new reservation that was on the 72 hour hold?  Or one that already had a deposit paid?

If the later, then I don't know why people on here without CNs or CFs applied don't just buy a CF right before final payment, apply it, and save the $150 or $250.  You really couldn't do this with CNs unless you were currently on an NCL ship.

3 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Thanks.  Was this against a new reservation that was on the 72 hour hold?  Or one that already had a deposit paid?

If the later, then I don't know why people on here without CNs or CFs applied don't just buy a CF right before final payment, apply it, and save the $150 or $250.  You really couldn't do this with CNs unless you were currently on an NCL ship.

deposit had been paid.  and this is exactly what I did.  I booked the cruise, bought a $250/$500 CF before final payment, and applied it to my booking.  I usually try to keep a CF in my account, but this one time I was empty.  I could have bought a $150 CF on the spot, but I decided to book, then get a $250 CF instead.  also, you can do it with the CN by purchasing them on the resale market.  there are places that they are sold that sell them at cost, so it's the same price as if you bought them on the ship

31 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

deposit had been paid.  and this is exactly what I did.  I booked the cruise, bought a $250/$500 CF before final payment, and applied it to my booking.  I usually try to keep a CF in my account, but this one time I was empty.  I could have bought a $150 CF on the spot, but I decided to book, then get a $250 CF instead.  also, you can do it with the CN by purchasing them on the resale market.  there are places that they are sold that sell them at cost, so it's the same price as if you bought them on the ship

Thanks.  I cruise often enough to have multiple opportunities to buy whatever CNs I will need, but good advice for those who don't.

On 6/1/2024 at 4:26 PM, julig22 said:

Sorry, don't think that's allowed here. But if you go to that other site and search for NCL Cruise Next Certificate you should be able to find it.

Are you referring to buying it from another individual? I believe the certificates are transferable.

1 hour ago, mistertomatoe said:

Are you referring to buying it from another individual? I believe the certificates are transferable.

I was referring to the fact that posting a link to the sale site wasn't allowed.

19 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

you've also done it with a CF or are you only speaking about CN?  Also, have you had a problem in the past just applying the cert as the deposit?  was just wondering why you use the credit card then call in to use the cert if it's already sitting in your account

I’ve only used CNs as I’ve never seen CFs advertised on the EU website.

the very first time I used a CN as a deposit it was possible to use it, and in my case that deposit was about half the value of the CN. Somewhere along the way something changed in the back end such that if I try to use one now it throws an error because the CN is worth more than the deposit. I’ve always had an issue trying to use a CN for a partial payment and that issue has changed over time. Initially it was a currency problem, the website only accepted $ amounts  for partial payment but you had to guess what the value was of a € CN. They then fixed the currency issue but now it rejects anything less than the entire outstanding balance. Hence, phone calls whenever I want to use a CN. For the first time ever I’ve had a PCC that has stayed the same for my last 3 bookings. She can’t pronounce her own (Irish) name correctly but at least she hasn’t disappeared into thin air the way her predecessors did.