christmas cruise with Holland america

If anyone has done a Christmas cruise with Holland America  were there many Christmas festivities on board.  Did they have Santa visit for the children.

We have done many Xmas cruises with HAL. One out of Sydney a number of years ago.  The ships are wonderfully decorated, the main dining room has a traditional christmas meal, there was a Santa and I believe the parent just confirmed with guest services the age and gender of the child that would be going.  

With the various cost cutting measures I can't say if the gifts for the little ones will still be there - last time I cruises them for Xmas was 2019.

We loved cruising over the Christmas Holidays!

• Like 1

These photos were taken in early December when the Christmas decorations were starting to be put out.

Unfortunately I got off before Christmas as I would have loved to see the rest of the decorations.

20221205_154500.jpg

20221205_154624.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for your replies. We have done a family Christmas with P&O and it was really good. Most of our  cruises have been on HAL but not in holiday time and it has been mainly older guests so was unsure how much they would cater to children.