Limo Service to the Miami port

We have a rather large group of us on a trip, well, I think it is large.  There will be 3 adults and 3 kids plus all the luggage.  Most of the transfers i see are $20 to $30 a head so that is easily $100+.  Other option is to Uber/Lyft but that will be $40 or so each plus the stress of, "We got here first?  Where is the other driver?" This will be the first cruise for 3 of them and first real big trip for 2 of them so I wanted to class it up a bit as well.  So I was thinking about looking into getting a stretch limo so we all feel fancy and such.  I found one company that wanted $100 an hour, 4 hour minimum so that was off the table.

Anyone have any experience getting a stretch to the Port of Miami?  I'm thinking stretch limo vs a black suburban as the burb would have room for 6 + driver, but don't think it could carry 6 full sized suit cases + 6 carry ons

How do you get to the point of I got here first at Uber? I mean cars are reserved on number plate to your app reservation.

You could take an Uber XL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thesnoopster2 said:

Other option is to Uber/Lyft but that will be $40 or so each plus the stress of, "We got here first?  Where is the other driver?"

Why would this cause stress?  Are you flying in same day?  That would be the stress point.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Six people and bags?  Two Uber XL's.  They'll both get the OP there.  

Oh, idk how it's called UberVan? I think they have options for 6 people.

My point was not so much in terminology as in the reserving process.

But thanks for the correction😊

1 minute ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Why would this cause stress?  Are you flying in same day?  That would be the stress point.

We are flying in on Friday, landing in MIA around 6pm.  Cruise is on Sunday.  When cruising, i want to fly in 48 hours prior just incase there is a weather/aircraft equipment/lost bag issue.  This was you have a day to play with, just in case.  I'm a little stressed, but still confident in Ubers and such. 

However, the gf thinks the world will end unless she can see everyone while getting from point A to B.  I have a buy one get one for $100 airline ticket and we were going to have 2 people fly Friday and then the other 4 people fly Wednesday because it was $900 cheaper to fly due to the tickets.  She thinks that no one else knows how to fly and that we have to fly together (personally I think I will be more stressed).  

She doesn't want two different Ubers because she thinks one will get lost/accident/get there late/ect.  She is a real freakazoid to travel with sometimes with major fly off the handle at the drop of a hat.

1 minute ago, Maanio said:

Oh, idk how it's called UberVan? I think they have options for 6 people.

My point was not so much in terminology as in the reserving process.

But thanks for the correction😊

Whatever.  Whether it's uber XL, uber van or anything else uber or lyft.  They'll get to the port quickly if they don't make it too complicated.

disclaimer: it sounds like they want to make it complicated.

Just now, ChiefMateJRK said:

Whatever.  Whether it's uber XL, uber van or anything else uber or lyft.  They'll get to the port quickly if they don't make it too complicated.

No need for the attitude 😃

Have a great day!

16 minutes ago, Maanio said:

How do you get to the point of I got here first at Uber? I mean cars are reserved on number plate to your app reservation.

You could take an Uber XL.

I agree.  It is mainly due to the gf and trying to keep her positive, which is hard enough in normal life.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, thesnoopster2 said:

the gf thinks the world will end unless she can see everyone while getting from point A to B. 

She thinks that no one else knows how to fly and that we have to fly together

She doesn't want two different Ubers because she thinks one will get lost/accident/get there late/ect. 

She is a real freakazoid to travel with sometimes with major fly off the handle at the drop of a hat.

I don't think a travel forum can help you with any of this.  I could make some suggestions, but I doubt they would be well received here.🤣

2 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Uber XL would work for the people, but not the bags.  UberXL, last I saw it defined, was like a Tahoe OR a Suburban.  Subs have room for 6 people + driver so that is fine, but only rated for 5 suitcases if I remember correctly.  So if everyone had a medium case and a carry on, that is going to be 10 - 12.  

I don't think a travel forum can help you with any of this.  I could make some suggestions, but I doubt they would be well received here.🤣

I don't expect help with her, i've tried but that is a different issue.

Just trying to find a different mode of transportation that would work.  I mean transfers are ok so we are on the same vehicle, but if I could rent a limo and spice things up a bit, that would be great.  We have another party of 2 that is going on the cruise as well so having a 10 person strength where we might include them as well would be nice, but not necessary.

Uber XL would work for the people, but not the bags.  UberXL, last I saw it defined, was like a Tahoe OR a Suburban. 

No, it wouldn't that's why I posted:

17 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Six people and bags?  Two Uber XL's. 

An UberXL is NOT a Tahoe or Suburban.  Think smaller.

3 minutes ago, thesnoopster2 said:

So if everyone had a medium case and a carry on, that is going to be 10 - 12.  

I've never been in an Uber XL that couldn't accommodate three full sized bags and three back packs or similar.  We've done this a lot.  DW and DD pack huge suitcases that weigh 49.9999 lbs (plus or minus).  I pack the same size bag that weighs around 35 lbs.  I'm about the same size as the two of them combined.  Anyhow, Uber is your friend and nobody needs a stretch limo to get from a Miami hotel to the port.  If you want to throw money away, just email me.😎

3 minutes ago, thesnoopster2 said:

I mean transfers are ok so we are on the same vehicle, but if I could rent a limo and spice things up a bit, that would be great.  We have another party of 2 that is going on the cruise as well so having a 10 person strength where we might include them as well would be nice, but not necessary.

If I was that other party of two I would politely (well, as politely as I could muster) say "thanks, but we'll just grab an Uber and skip the spice."  I'm struggling to find the pony here.  Really.

No, it wouldn't that's why I posted:

An UberXL is NOT a Tahoe or Suburban.  Think smaller.

I've never been in an Uber XL that couldn't accommodate three full sized bags and three back packs or similar.  We've done this a lot.  DW and DD pack huge suitcases that weigh 49.9999 lbs (plus or minus).  I pack the same size bag that weighs around 35 lbs.  I'm about the same size as the two of them combined.  Anyhow, Uber is your friend and nobody needs a stretch limo to get from a Miami hotel to the port.  If you want to throw money away, just email me.😎

That is why I was looking at something with 1 vehicle vs 2. With 6, possibly 8 people I would need at least 2 ubers and trying to avoid that.

6 hours ago, thesnoopster2 said:

We are flying in on Friday, landing in MIA around 6pm.  Cruise is on Sunday.  When cruising, i want to fly in 48 hours prior just incase there is a weather/aircraft equipment/lost bag issue.  This was you have a day to play with, just in case.  I'm a little stressed, but still confident in Ubers and such. 

Where are  you spending  the nights before the cruise?

Do you want transportation from the airport to the hotel?  

Then from the hotel to the port?

Stop looking for stretch limos as they will always charge by the hour and are inappropriate for this type of transfer.

Contact a car service company - there are dozens with service in Miami and book a point to point transfer in a van.  They have vans that can easily handle 6 people and their luggage.

@thesnoopster2  Since you're looking for one vehicle large enough for your group, I would recommend Jiffy Jeff Transportation.  It's been a few years since I booked this service, but we had an excellent experience for my group of 6 adults needing transportation from Miami International to our South Beach hotel and from the hotel to the Port.  Our driver was punctual, the vehicle was clean, and this was an economical transfer for our larger travel party.

One caveat, we were in a comfortable Mercedes full-size transfer van.  Limos are nice, but they are impractical with very little trunk space.  

Good luck and have a great cruise! 

• Thanks 1

We have the same problem, there are six of us plus the ridiculous number of suitcases. I have JiffyJeff booked to get us from our hotel to the ship. Haven’t figured out yet how we’re going to get from the cruise terminal back to the airport. From what I’m reading an UberXL will probably not hold all six of us and the luggage.

• 2 weeks later...