Celebrity Reflection Back to Back 17-24 May, Bimini, Nassau, and Coco Cay

We spent the week in Aqua Class on the Celebrity Reflection. Had never done less than 7 night or B2B, so there was a learning curve on some things. For example; we booked only 30 days out and couldn't get the same stateroom. The first leg was 3 nights and Sunday evening came up quick. It didn't end up being too bad as our cabin attendant moved bags and a stash of Vitamin Water to the other room and luggage was available by 10:30am Monday. On turnaround day, we vacated the stateroom at 7:30am, went to Blu for breakfast, and met at the Tuscan Grill at 9:00 to check in for B2B. At 9:30am we moved off the ship and into a customs waiting area for about 30 minutes before they gave us new key cards and were back on board right at 10am. I thought the stateroom would be cleaned by 11am but instead it took until about 1:30pm. As it was, we checked in on the cabin a few times over the next few hours as we wanted to give the new stateroom attendant time to do their work. In retrospect, it would've been better to unpack right when the bags arrived. Lesson learned. Otherwise, it was great being on a mostly passenger-less ship for about 90 minutes. The Pool, Passport, and Martini Bars were open early on turnaround day and Oceanview opened at 11:30. 

We'd been on the Reflection before and it hadn't really changed other than no Christmas trees as there were in Dec 2022. Aqua Class Blu and the Persian Garden were great as advertised. Of note, if you can get away from a show one night, you might get the Persian Garden all to yourself around 7-8pm. The service and food at Blu was better than anything I've had in MDR or specialty on NCL or other Celebrity ships. Outstanding work! 

Ship entertainment was very good in my opinion with Boy Band Evolution and the production cast performances of Broadway Cabaret and Elysium. I learned on the backstage theater tour that Elysium is due to close soon with an Edge Class production making its way to the Reflection. 

Cruise Director Brittany did a great job of moving the action along and Captain "Kirk" did a rock show with the orchestra one night. I sure didn't expect the ship's Captain to rock out like he did. It was a heck of a show.  

We had two stops in Nassau and got off the ship on the first leg for about 45 minutes to walk around the new pier area. We had no excursions booked. There was a great ice cream place we'd been to before, just to the left on Bay Street a bit off the beaten path. It was closed for the week so we got back on board. 

Bimini was beautiful. A lot of people went to Resorts World. I did a little research on YouTube and found Paradise Beach which is the public beach at the end of the pier. Under the pier, there's a bunch of boulders you can put your towels on to camp out which is what we did. Used the pier as an umbrella and saved some $$. 

Coco Cay was great! I was skeptical and quickly learned there was no reason to be. Again, I did a little research beforehand and found Cove Beach on the other side of the island past South Beach. Over the next 6 hours, there were never more than 20 or so people at Cove Beach. An oasis, for free. The South Beach Snack Shack was a 3 minute walk. Saw lots of fish and a couple stingrays who kept hanging out. Its nice that the beverage package extends to Coco Cay and I'd go back there in a minute. Respect to Royal Caribbean Group for the work they've put into that island. 

Lastly, we got a great deal booking short notice. If you've got the flexibility, booking 30-45 days out might get you a higher class stateroom for a better price. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I was on the sailing before yours - key west and coco cay - agreed on coco cay - they did a great job. Reflection was in great shape. LOVED Rock The Reflection - my favorite show that week. That is one talented captain.

I've always wanted to try Aqua, but keep hearing most AQ cabins are under gyms, under pool deck, noisy. Did you like yours - and if so, which was your cabin? I prefer rear of ship vs front, so not sure if there are any quiet AQ cabins on S class towards the back? 

Edited by Flafun888
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flafun888 said:

I was on the sailing before yours - key west and coco cay - agreed on coco cay - they did a great job. Reflection was in great shape. LOVED Rock The Reflection - my favorite show that week. That is one talented captain.

I've always wanted to try Aqua, but keep hearing that most AQ cabins are under gyms, under pool deck, etc and noisy. Did you like yours - and if so, which was your cabin?

I can tell you I have been on many sailings in AQ and my advice is to try to book as close as you can to mid-ship.  That's where you will hear the least noise (worst we heard was some music from the pool deck when it was playing but it was not real loud and not an issue).  I don't recall exact cabin numbers but mid-ship as best you can is the most quiet.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

We did a B2B on Silhouette in April. Captain Kirk performed on each leg and was definitely the highlight!  If I was tech savvy, I could attach of the videos of his show!  Just outstanding!!!

Edited by lola2013

We were in 1656 and 1645, Aft. Both were great. Never heard anything from the pool deck. We had done regular veranda cabins on my previous Celebrity sailings. While cabins in Aqua, Concierge, and Veranda classes are pretty much the same other than in room amenities offered and a nicer shower, the deck location, Blu, and Persian Garden make it worth the Aqua upgrade. 

2 hours ago, lola2013 said:

We did a B2B on Silhouette in April. Captain Kirk performed on each leg and was definitely the highlight!  If I was tech savvy, I could attach of the videos of his show!  Just outstanding!!!

Rock Star Captain, sure didn’t see that one coming

• Like 2