Enchanted upgrade questions, opinions, and or thoughts

qoap24

My DH and I are booked in a Reserve forward mini suite M107 on Enchanted and I was thinking about surprising my DH by placing a bid on a true suite as he as never cruised in a suite. I'm sure my chances are slim, but I was hoping to get some opinions on whether this is a good idea or not. I have already showed my DH videos of our current cabin and he loves the larger cabin and balcony so I am thinking if I attempt to upgrade it would have to be an aft Penthouse suite for example M723. Am I correct that vista suites and non aft penthouse suites are smaller? And I would love your opinion on whether you would bid to upgrade to a suite even if it is not the aft penthouse. Last year I cruised on the Regal in a forward penthouse suite. I loved the size of the cabin but the balcony was a major let down. I normally cruise in aft suites. This will be my husband's first cruise in over 10 years and I want to make it special for him so he will want to cruise more often with me. 🤪

3 minutes ago, qoap24 said:

My DH and I are booked in a Reserve forward mini suite M107 on Enchanted and I was thinking about surprising my DH by placing a bid on a true suite as he as never cruised in a suite. I'm sure my chances are slim, but I was hoping to get some opinions on whether this is a good idea or not. I have already showed my DH videos of our current cabin and he loves the larger cabin and balcony so I am thinking if I attempt to upgrade it would have to be an aft Penthouse suite for example M723. Am I correct that vista suites and non aft penthouse suites are smaller? And I would love your opinion on whether you would bid to upgrade to a suite even if it is not the aft penthouse. Last year I cruised on the Regal in a forward penthouse suite. I loved the size of the cabin but the balcony was a major let down. I normally cruise in aft suites. This will be my husband's first cruise in over 10 years and I want to make it special for him so he will want to cruise more often with me. 🤪

We love both penthouse and vista suites but find the balconies in non aft cabins to be much smaller than true aft suites 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crown Cruiser said:

M107 is a great mini suite.  I would keep that any day over a regular penthouse suite or forward suite.  

Being so far forward and high up I would expect movement for anything but a standard Caribbean type cruise   Any cruise involving the Pacific or Atlantic is going have more movement 

I've been in both M107 and aft PH suite rooms on several Royal class ships.  They are both wonderful but some of the aft balconies (like those on Aloha and Caribe) are narrow.  They still wrap around but those on the other decks are wider.  If you're bidding know that you could wind up with one of these.

If size is important to you when it comes to balconies M107 / M108 are definitely the largest on the ship.  The cabin is a two room version of a shrunken full suite with a mini suite bathroom.  If it's really windy you won't want to be out on that balcony though and you feel every wave up there - if motion is a problem, you might want to rethink that cabin.

I think they are both great options but it comes down to amenities and also the cost difference.  You get reserve class dining either way.  But being in a suite also gets you entry into the Suite Concierge lounge with the concierge acting as your personal guest service agent, plus they have two hour happy hours every night which are very relaxing and a nice chance to chat with other guests.  There's also the suite breakfast which is also a nice relaxing way to start the day.  And the other perks like a mini bar set up, laundry, etc.  The suite experience is wonderful but if you decide against that, M107 is a pretty nice cabin to be in.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, memoak said:

Being so far forward and high up I would expect movement for anything but a standard Caribbean type cruise   Any cruise involving the Pacific or Atlantic is going have more movement 

I have done 2 other New England cruises and I don't remember a lot of movement, but I was also in aft suites. When we were in A102 on Regal it was out of South Hampton, again I don't really remember much movement, but I do remember a lot of shaking in the middle of the night. 

I think I am going to stick with what I have. He has never stayed in a suite before so he really won't know what he is missing and we still end up with the reserve dining, so maybe he might feel a little special. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, qoap24 said:

I have done 2 other New England cruises and I don't remember a lot of movement, but I was also in aft suites. When we were in A102 on Regal it was out of South Hampton, again I don't really remember much movement, but I do remember a lot of shaking in the middle of the night. 

I think I am going to stick with what I have. He has never stayed in a suite before so he really won't know what he is missing and we still end up with the reserve dining, so maybe he might feel a little special. 

I was mostly referring to cruises like Hawaii or TransAtlantics where you have multiple sea days in the middle of the ocean

• Haha 1