Bit of advice please.

Hi, we are booked on a Cruise out of Miami, its only a week and being from the UK and quite a way to travel so we were going to do 4 or five nights in Miami before the cruise.

I'm not a huge fan of Miami though and was thinking of maybe flying into Orlando instead and doing a few parks with the kids, so my question is, what is the best way to get down to Miami from Orlando. I see its about a 4 hour drive, would it be just as easy to drive than possibly fly? Is the train an option?

Thanks in advance. 

The Brightline train runs from the Orlando airport (MCO) to close to PortMiami. Perfectly doable. e or driving are also options. By the time security snd baggage pickup is considered. flying isn’t going to be faster.

The train is certainly an option, but perhaps a rental car would give you more freedom to move around and come and go at your leisure rather than rely on taxis/uber. The drive from Orlando to Miami for your cruise is not bad and with a rental car it gives you options to stop along the way if you choose. Enjoy your trip.  

We are flying into Orlando and taking the Brightline down to Miami.  Our flights were messed up due to the Boeing shortage which caused a rework of the schedule. I was able to get us a nonstop to MCO and then the train to Miami. I am excited to try the train.

The Miami / Miami Beach area also has world class shopping.  The Aventura Mall and the Shops at Bal Harbour are filled with interesting places to drop a few quid.

Uber can get you to both places, and BrightLine has a stop at Aventura, although there's limited service.

We are doing the Brighline (Miami to Orlando) in a couple weeks.  First time for us - they are always running a sale, sign up for their emails and you should get a couple codes sent to you.

I'm looking forward to it too - I'm the driver of the family and I wasn't looking forward to the drive right after our cruise, this way - I can sit and chill a few hours before Disney-mode kicks in.    The "kids" 23 and 24 asked that after our cruise can we head up to EPCOT and do drinks around the world?  Of course we can kids.....Disney and a cruise for momma, sign me up.  lol