Having trouble making payments to P and O online and long wait on telephone

Is anyone else having trouble making payments using P and O online system.  I have tried four times recently and have not been successful. The system seem to take the payment but my balance remained the same.  This meant I had to keep watch on my bank account for the payment going out.  Tried three times to pay using the payment telephone line but after 57 minutes wait each time I gave up.  Tried to email requesting help to make payments but no answer.  So frustrating.

1 hour ago, hamilton girl said:

Is anyone else having trouble making payments using P and O online system.  I have tried four times recently and have not been successful. The system seem to take the payment but my balance remained the same.  This meant I had to keep watch on my bank account for the payment going out.  Tried three times to pay using the payment telephone line but after 57 minutes wait each time I gave up.  Tried to email requesting help to make payments but no answer.  So frustrating.

When I need to call P&O ( or any of the other Carnival companies based in Southampton ) I find that the best time to call is 9:00, by 9:05 I have found that all agents are occupied so I have had to join queue and it takes ages to get to speak to.someone.

3 hours ago, sandancer said:

I’ve had more luck with the 0800 number. No idea why.

Read on one of the forums that -0800  0523840 no longer works .

So just gave it a try .."The number you have dialled has not been recognised "

4 hours ago, sandancer said:

I’ve had more luck with the 0800 number. No idea why.

Probably because they have to pay for calls receive on 0800 numbers, the 0800 numbers are only free to the caller so the person being called doesn’t want callers hanging on listening  to canned music.