UDP - Odyssey

Hi.

I see that if you get the UDP (Odyssey), you get a lunch credit on sea days. I'm guessing this credit cannot be used

at, for instance, Teppanyaki or Sushi place? 

If I get the UDP, I still need to pay upcharges for certain restaurants, is this correct?

Thank you.

Izumi (regular sushi menu, not Teppanyaki) can be ordered a la carte at lunch or dinner with the UDP.  My sister and I usually get the UDP and go to Izumi for both lunch and dinner.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

Yes, you can absolutely use your UDP at Izumi, Teppanyaki there is an upcharge of $15 for dinner. I don't know if they do lunch. 

Thank you. It's so silly to pay another upcharge with the dining package but it is what it is.

Thank you very much.

20 minutes ago, pcur said:

Izumi (regular sushi menu, not Teppanyaki) can be ordered a la carte at lunch or dinner with the UDP.  My sister and I usually get the UDP and go to Izumi for both lunch and dinner.

Thank you. So Izumi is open for lunch on sea days. So is Players Club (or whatever the sports bar is called, is that correct). Are these the only two places to use the UDP for lunch on sea days?

Do you also make ressies for lunch on sea days? When do I make ressies for dinners? When I get on the ship (which is also silly in this day/age that you cannot prebook).

Thank you.

1 hour ago, js said:

Thank you. It's so silly to pay another upcharge with the dining package but it is what it is.

Thank you very much.

Thank you. So Izumi is open for lunch on sea days. So is Players Club (or whatever the sports bar is called, is that correct). Are these the only two places to use the UDP for lunch on sea days?

Do you also make ressies for lunch on sea days? When do I make ressies for dinners? When I get on the ship (which is also silly in this day/age that you cannot prebook).

Thank you.

Usually both Chops and Giovanni's are open as well. There might be a rate day that it's one or the other

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, js said:

Thank you very much.

Thank you.

If you go to the Cruise Planner, select Specialty Restaurant Lunch in the dining options, you will see the restaurants available for lunch on your cruise.  I do "fake" bookings for each restaurant just to get to the page that gives you the days and times available.  I make a note of each, and then plan my reservations accordingly.  I go into the restaurant that is open on embarkation day, tell them I have a UDP package, and hand them my list of reservations for lunch and dinner that I would like to make.  They will make the reservations for you while you are eating. I like to give them a tip for doing this, because for my upcoming cruise on the Freedom in Sept, it's 11 reservations between lunch and dinner.

Edited by pcur

36 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

Usually both Chops and Giovanni's are open as well. There might be a rate day that it's one or the other

Thank you very much. I appreciate this.

11 minutes ago, pcur said:

If you go to the Cruise Planner, select Specialty Restaurant Lunch in the dining options, you will see the restaurants available for lunch on your cruise.  I do "fake" bookings for each restaurant just to get to the page that gives you the days and times available.  I make a note of each, and then plan my reservations accordingly.  I go into the restaurant that is open on embarkation day, tell them I have a UDP package, and hand them my list of reservations for lunch and dinner that I would like to make.  They will make the reservations for you while you are eating. I like to give them a tip for doing this, because for my upcoming cruise on the Freedom in Sept, it's 11 reservations between lunch and dinner.

This is so very helpful! Thank you very much! This is what I usually do on NCL in Haven but will do once I board Odyssey. I will write down each night (and lunch) and hand them a tip with the paperwork. This is absolutely perfect! Do I just do this at whatever restaurant I am having lunch in on embarkation (whoever is checking us in)?

Thank you so much again! I appreciate all your help.

6 minutes ago, js said:

This is so very helpful! Thank you very much! This is what I usually do on NCL in Haven but will do once I board Odyssey. I will write down each night (and lunch) and hand them a tip with the paperwork. This is absolutely perfect! Do I just do this at whatever restaurant I am having lunch in on embarkation (whoever is checking us in)?

The info should be in the Cruise Planner 3 months before your cruise.

1 minute ago, pcur said:

The info should be in the Cruise Planner 3 months before your cruise.

Thank you. I will unpatiently wait LOL

4 hours ago, js said:

Yes, that's exactly what we do to get the times we want. 

15 hours ago, MommaBear55 said:

Yes, that's exactly what we do to get the times we want. 

Fabulous. Thank you. I'm guessing embarkation lunch is not included since not a sea day. Is this correct?

2 hours ago, js said:

Fabulous. Thank you. I'm guessing embarkation lunch is not included since not a sea day. Is this correct?

Lunch is included, we generally find it's the Italian restaurant that is open

3 hours ago, MommaBear55 said:

Lunch is included, we generally find it's the Italian restaurant that is open

Thank you. I do not see where lunch is included on embarkation but so happy that it will be

with the UDP.
Thank you so much!

• Like 1