Cunard Plusgrade upgrades and Travel Agent booking.

MCC retired

Received upgrade option from Plusgrade.

We always book Cunard with our TA and just received offer to upgrade.

So it is not just offered to those booking Cunard Directly as originally posted.

Still too much $$$ for our budget however.

• Like 2

Yes, I now have the option on My Cunard, and I booked through a UK TA. Not going to bid to upgrade though, as my parents will be joining us midway through the cruise, so don't want to be in a different restaurant. Would also prefer to simply use the money for another holiday, as we're quite happy to be in Britannia. 

• Like 3

We have a Q3 booked on the QE and have received two e-mail invitations to bid on an upgrade to a Q1. The required upgrade bids are huge: a minimum of (Canadian)$8,200 for two and a maximum over $11,000.  If we had booked a Q1 the fare difference would have been about $9,000. We won't be bidding on this deal.

• Like 4

I booked through a  travel agent and have had the upgrade offer for a few weeks now. I won’t be bidding, I’m happy with the cabin and price I paid.  We sail mid July. 

• Like 2

On my May QE cruise, I also had an upgrade offer although I booked through a US based TA.  According to my TA, agents do not receive any information or commission on the upgrade if you are successful.  

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, oceansandseas said:

I have never heard of Plusgrade. What is it please?

Plusgrade is a third party who handle all the bids for upgrades. All upgrades are now outsourced to this company who will invite you to bid on upgraded accommodation. If successful you still pay Cunard or your T A  but only have a limited time to do so. Upgrade acceptance  T and C s are different if you are UK or North American based. It’s best to read them first to check the scheme is suitable for you. 

Edited by Winifred 22
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Winifred 22 said:

Plusgrade is a third party who handle all the bids for upgrades. All upgrades are now outsourced to this company who will invite you to bid on upgraded accommodation. If successful you still pay Cunard or your T A  but only have a limited time to do so. Upgrade acceptance  T and C s are different if you are UK or North American based. It’s best to read them first to check the scheme is suitable for you. 

Although in the UK, you can still opt out of the upgrade by not paying, in the US, it is an automatic charge to you credit card — no ability to change your mind.  A possibility critical difference worth highlighting.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NancyDrew1953 said:

Although in the UK, you can still opt out of the upgrade by not paying

But, I believe, you will have lost your original cabin but will be given another one of the same grade.

20 minutes ago, david63 said:

But, I believe, you will have lost your original cabin but will be given another one of the same grade.

That is my understanding too which is why it is so important to read the relevant T&Cs 

39 minutes ago, NancyDrew1953 said:

Although in the UK, you can still opt out of the upgrade by not paying, in the US, it is an automatic charge to you credit card — no ability to change your mind.  A possibility critical difference worth highlighting.

40 minutes ago, NancyDrew1953 said:

I think the best advice is to read the T &Cs beforehand for any avoidance of doubt as to what the deal and outcome could be. 

Thanks for Plusgrade information,

Since I say at booking that I do not want an upgrade, might they still send something to me? I actually thought they were asking if I would take a complimentary upgrade, which it probably was a few years ago. I usually am satisfied with the cabin I book, so say NO. Any cabin on a Cunard ship is fine with me. Unless I am across from the laundry room.

That question, on the final booking screen, relates to complimentary upgrades. You can still bid using Plusgrade regardless of your answer to that question.

• Like 1