App glitch, DBE or something else

I’m sailing the Scarlet Lady Aug. 4-11 in a regular sea terrace. Two days ago, I noticed it said my dinner reservations would open up June 5 at 12am est. I stayed up last night and made them not even thinking about it being 60 days out instead of 45 days out. I realized it was offered early just a few minutes ago. My question: are they open early because of a glitch or Deep Blue Extras or perhaps my upgrade bid was accepted? 
I only put the upgrade bid in on Saturday. Seems early for that to go through. Any input is appreciated. 

Posted (edited)

Suites open at 60 days.  All others open at 45 days.  DBE doesn't change reservation dates.  And no, bids for upgrades are not normally addressed until very shortly before the cruise.

I'm thinking your 60 day notice was a mistake or you didn't read it carefully.  Most likely, a mistake.....they happen on VV.

Edited by cantgetin

4 hours ago, cantgetin said:

Suites open at 60 days.  All others open at 45 days.  DBE doesn't change reservation dates.  And no, bids for upgrades are not normally addressed until very shortly before the cruise.

I'm thinking your 60 day notice was a mistake or you didn't read it carefully.  Most likely, a mistake.....they happen on VV.

All my reservations are in. Hoping they don’t get cancelled. 😬

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tyler414 said:

@MeganGC1983 Are you going to do a "live"?  I love following along on your lives.  I'm on the cruise after yours!!!  Have a wonderful cruise!! 

Thanks! Yes, I plan to start it the last part of July. We fly out Aug. 1st. We will have 2ish days in Barcelona and then get on the ship. I’ll look for you at disembarkation. 😉

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Thanks! Yes, I plan to start it the last part of July. We fly out Aug. 1st. We will have 2ish days in Barcelona and then get on the ship. I’ll look for you at disembarkation. 😉

I can't wait, love your reviews Megan 🙂 

• Thanks 1

On 6/5/2024 at 6:21 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

I’m sailing the Scarlet Lady Aug. 4-11 in a regular sea terrace. Two days ago, I noticed it said my dinner reservations would open up June 5 at 12am est. I stayed up last night and made them not even thinking about it being 60 days out instead of 45 days out. I realized it was offered early just a few minutes ago. My question: are they open early because of a glitch or Deep Blue Extras or perhaps my upgrade bid was accepted? 
I only put the upgrade bid in on Saturday. Seems early for that to go through. Any input is appreciated. 

DW and me will be in the same cruise as you. However, my dinner reservations are not open yet (June 20th 12am EST). We also have DBE, if that counts.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, magnetique said:

DW and me will be in the same cruise as you. However, my dinner reservations are not open yet (June 20th 12am EST). We also have DBE, if that counts.

It’s so weird. I don’t understand it. And my cabin still say sea terrace. My luck, these reservations will disappear and June 20th, I won’t pay attention. 
Sidenote: Our sailing looks really empty. Like none of the categories are sold out. We sailed last year Greek Island Glow with 900 sailors hoping this sailing is that much fun! 
Also, Scarlet Night is on my birthday! 🎉 

Posted (edited)

I've heard that people booked through certain TAs can sometimes book 60 days out as part of a special offer for the travel consortiums. However, I'm guessing that you booked your own reservations and you would know if your TA *wink wink* had access to those special privileges. 

Edited by the_fh_mets
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, the_fh_mets said:

I've heard that people booked through certain TAs can sometimes book 60 days out as part of a special offer for the travel consortiums. However, I'm guessing that you booked your own reservations and you would know if your TA *wink wink* had access to those special privileges. 

Indeed lol 

Posted (edited)

60 days is for suites; 45 days is for the rest of us.  Yes, there are  a select few in regular cabins who can get suite perks.  These typically include "influencers", high level TAs, 485 members, etc.  It has nothing to do with DBE

Edited by cantgetin

On 6/11/2024 at 1:19 PM, neverendingcruising said:

Not sure if I'm allowed to say this out loud, but any chance you're part of the Signature Travel Network? They have negotiated early access for agents. 

THIS! Ok. I missed that memo.  Thank you. I was really trying everything to figure it out. Great information.