Future Cruise Credit

On our recent sailing we were going to be issued a FCC due to 1 of our cabins being flooded and having to be relocated to another cabin. Our letter states that we should receive an email with our certificate. My question is what is the average time after your cruise do you usually receive the certificate? I have never used FCC before and we are looking at a cruise for next year and was trying to wait for the certificate. Thanks for the info. 

22 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I had to call to get mine.  I had to scan and email the onboard letter to the rep then I had my FCC a couple minutes later.

Thanks...I'm gonna go ahead and try that route. 

Just now, Cruisefanatic71 said:

Thanks...I'm gonna go ahead and try that route. 

Yes. They say that in the letter. But we had the same experience as @smokeybandit. When you call, it hasn't even been issued yet, and have to scan/fax. 

Also. You can book the cruise, and then have to FCC applied to it, when it is issued. Ours was for the same reason, cabin flooding. Only we weren't moved. Just fans going and workers in the bathroom for 2 days. 

So as I understand FCC, they told me on the ship that if I already have a cruise booked, I would be able to use the FCC on that cruise to pay it off even though I already had booked the cruise. Is this a true statement in your experience? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Ours wasn't cabin flooding, per se, but it was a faulty AC unit that got our carpet soaking wet over a large swath 

Yeah, the cabin above us left their water running with the drain plugged and left from their room which in turn flooded our room as well as the cabin below us. 

2 minutes ago, Cruisefanatic71 said:

So as I understand FCC, they told me on the ship that if I already have a cruise booked, I would be able to use the FCC on that cruise to pay it off even though I already had booked the cruise. Is this a true statement in your experience? 

Yes...you can apply the FCC to a balance you have on another cruise.

13 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Yes. They say that in the letter. But we had the same experience as @smokeybandit. When you call, it hasn't even been issued yet, and have to scan/fax. 

Also. You can book the cruise, and then have to FCC applied to it, when it is issued. Ours was for the same reason, cabin flooding. Only we weren't moved. Just fans going and workers in the bathroom for 2 days. 

Thank you.  I use a travel agent, so I can book the cruise and then give my travel agent the FCC certificate when I receive it?