Current drinks prices?

Hi, just wondering whether anyone has cruised with P&O since the changes to the drinks policy and the increase in the price of the drinks packages?

As the packages have increased in price, I an assuming that the bar prices have also increased?

Just curious whether any very recent cruisers could share any current bar prices? 

Thanks 

13 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Bar prices have increased since my last cruise in March. My pre dinner martinis last month were £8.35! And they are very small! 

Ah okay thanks. That's a big increase as they were £7.15 before! Roughly 17% more. I think I'm going to need to get saving before our August cruise!

Hi  I’m curious to know which ship and/or bar you were on. I was on the Arvia in October and couldn’t get a classic martini for love or money. They could only offer what was on the printed menu and couldn’t make a martini as they didn’t have vermouth. Really enjoyed the cruise and the ship but was massively disappointed by the drinks menus. And I did try in every bar.

46 minutes ago, The Os said:

Hi  I’m curious to know which ship and/or bar you were on. I was on the Arvia in October and couldn’t get a classic martini for love or money. They could only offer what was on the printed menu and couldn’t make a martini as they didn’t have vermouth. Really enjoyed the cruise and the ship but was massively disappointed by the drinks menus. And I did try in every bar.

I assumed that they were talking about the passion fruit martini.

You are right about the restricted choice at the bars, this seems to be fleet wide. Fortunately for us we are very happy with a pina colada, a beer or, as a nightcap, a Bailey's. But I'm sure that it can be a problem for others 

1 hour ago, Burgmeister said:

You are right about the restricted choice at the bars, this seems to be fleet wide. Fortunately for us we are very happy with a pina colada, a beer or, as a nightcap, a Bailey's. But I'm sure that it can be a problem for others 

The cocktails are dire, the beers restricted and the liqueurs very few. 

• Like 1

On Aurora the experienced guys in Anderson's can make any cocktail you want,  provided they have the ingredients. The Crows Nest, however, has a very limited, and fixed, selection.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, The Os said:

Aurora.

Thank you Fionboard. I haven’t been on Aurora yet but am keen to try. Only managed to sail once on Oriana but loved it. The bars were really good, particularly Andersons and the Crow’s Nest.  Had hoped for similar on Arvia but feel that the new fleet wide drinks menu is a let down and actually a step backwards. Obviously not the most important part of a cruise but we do enjoy a good cocktail before dinner. Drinks prices are, in my opinion, competitive with other cruise lines but now the cocktail offering is limited.  Good selection of beers and wines though, or at least enough to meet our needs,

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2024 at 8:46 AM, Burgmeister said:

Ah okay thanks. That's a big increase as they were £7.15 before! Roughly 17% more. I think I'm going to need to get saving before our August cruise!

The standard cocktails are about £7.50 now (e.g. those on the classic package like Pina Colada, Passion Fruit Martini, Cosmo, Mai Tai, Negroni, Margarita, Vanilla Salted Caramel Espresso Martini, Pimms, Strawberry Daiquiri, pink Gin Spritz)

I think these were £7.15 last May, so probably the ones you are

referring to.

Edited by rattla
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, rattla said:

The standard cocktails are about £7.50 now (e.g. those on the classic package like Pina Colada, Passion Fruit Martini, Cosmo, Mai Tai, Negroni, Margarita, Vanilla Salted Caramel Espresso Martini, Pimms, Strawberry Daiquiri, pink Gin Spritz)

I think these were £7.15 last May, so probably the ones you are

referring to.

Ah, ok thanks, not too bad an increase then. Whilst it doesn't make or break a holiday I find it reassuring to be prepared with the knowledge 

We were on Iona May 11-18, Glass house menu was new with some different wines & drinks (boo no grappa anymore, maybe we were the only ones that ordered it) prices also higher.

Any other bar menu I looked at was dated Sept 23 & any drink we bought from them was charged as per. 

• Thanks 1

Those wine by the glass prices are a little steep, £9.95 for a glass of unnamed Malbec is expensive, our local pub restaurant charges £6.90 for house Malbec £ 8.40 for branded Malbec. 

• Like 1