Service charge and gratuities clarification - Drinks/Packages/Wine Collections and QG 2 bottles

I've often felt quite confused by when to expect and pay drink service charge and/or gratuities on Cunard, and how much to tip when appropriate.  This is compounded by the fact that drinks on Cunard are provided through different ways, and that gratuities are already included in the daily passenger gratuity charge.  4 types of drink provision that come to mind are buying drinks as you go, drink packages, wine collections and the 2 bottles that are provided/replenished in QG suites.  Starting at the top:

1) Drinks (pay as you go): a) At bars and restaurants etc is there a service charge added to the bill? b) IIRC there is a space on the bill for an extra gratuity - what might be a suggested amount to tip if the service is good? (for instance in the States a dollar or two for the barman is customary, but elsewhere it might be 10%)

2) Drinks packages: a) Is the service charge included on these?  b) Do you still get a zero bill, but with a space for a gratuity?

3) Wine collections a) Is the service charge included in these pre-purchased packages (I understand this to be the case) b) likewise is there a zero bill/receipt with gratuity option when each bottle is delivered to table, and how much would be appropriate?

4) QG a) Is a gratuity customary for the two bottles of choice provided to the suite (and when replenished)?  I was confused by this as they needed to be signed for with a space for gratuity, and I didn't know whether to tip and how much, especially as we gave a gratuity to the butler and his assistant on the last day.

Submitting to the hive mind!  Thanks very much for any insights.

1]

Service/gratuity is included. No need [at all] to add extra

4]

No gratuity needed or expected when QG bottle are replenished but [and not wishing to start a 'tip or not to tip extra' debate] what you do grats wise at the end of the cruise is up to you. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Wagtail adventures said:

I've often felt quite confused by when to expect and pay drink service charge and/or gratuities on Cunard, and how much to tip when appropriate.  This is compounded by the fact that drinks on Cunard are provided through different ways, and that gratuities are already included in the daily passenger gratuity charge.  4 types of drink provision that come to mind are buying drinks as you go, drink packages, wine collections and the 2 bottles that are provided/replenished in QG suites.  Starting at the top:

1) Drinks (pay as you go): a) At bars and restaurants etc is there a service charge added to the bill? b) IIRC there is a space on the bill for an extra gratuity - what might be a suggested amount to tip if the service is good? (for instance in the States a dollar or two for the barman is customary, but elsewhere it might be 10%)

2) Drinks packages: a) Is the service charge included on these?  b) Do you still get a zero bill, but with a space for a gratuity?

3) Wine collections a) Is the service charge included in these pre-purchased packages (I understand this to be the case) b) likewise is there a zero bill/receipt with gratuity option when each bottle is delivered to table, and how much would be appropriate?

4) QG a) Is a gratuity customary for the two bottles of choice provided to the suite (and when replenished)?  I was confused by this as they needed to be signed for with a space for gratuity, and I didn't know whether to tip and how much, especially as we gave a gratuity to the butler and his assistant on the last day.

Submitting to the hive mind!  Thanks very much for any insights.

1 a) 15% is added

b) There is a space. I have never ever given anything. 

2 a) Service is included.

b) Don’t know

3 Don’t know

4 a) Never give anything specifically for this, but give something to steward and butler at end sometimes.

• Thanks 1