Connecting Rooms w/Foyer (Icon of the Seas)

Posted (edited)

For connecting rooms on Icon of the Seas: does the "foyer" door that leads to the hallway have a deadbolt lock?

For example, each individual stateroom contains a sea pass key entry and also the ability to deadbolt lock the room from the inside. Does the connecting room foyer door also have the deadbolt lock?

Thank you!

Edited by nwamrine

From what we just (last month) saw on Icon. Yes, you can lock that main hallway door and it appears you could leave those two other doors open.

We had connecting rooms with the foyer, fantastic concept, incredibly innovative. We also saw a couple others in our hallway who used this foyer to keep their stroller in on one side rather than taking up room within the cabin. Either cabin could access the foyer door and you could keep the doors to each cabin open or your could close them as you wished. Be sure to let the room steward show you how they operate, there is a button that will activate it automatically if you are inside heading out, rather than trying to push them open, as the doors closest to the hallway are heavier. Absolutely one of my many favorite things about the ICON. Plus the Elevators!!! Shows!!

15 minutes ago, T-2 said:

We had connecting rooms with the foyer, fantastic concept, incredibly innovative. We also saw a couple others in our hallway who used this foyer to keep their stroller in on one side rather than taking up room within the cabin. Either cabin could access the foyer door and you could keep the doors to each cabin open or your could close them as you wished. Be sure to let the room steward show you how they operate, there is a button that will activate it automatically if you are inside heading out, rather than trying to push them open, as the doors closest to the hallway are heavier. Absolutely one of my many favorite things about the ICON. Plus the Elevators!!! Shows!!

Those elevators, shows and dining venues...wonderful....right !!!

5 hours ago, Ashland said:

Those elevators, shows and dining venues...wonderful....right !!!

The elevators are flawed.  Unfortunately non in aft of ship- very long walk.  Also when you prress the button indicating the floor you want, no place to input # of passengers- so elevator at times very crowded.  Dining was wonderful, so many options as was entertainment.  If you are in a suite- we found the surfside family suite to be a true disappointment.  It is small- so little storage- a good concept- but should be 30% larger.  Suite lounge and restaurant- dark and dreary. sticking to Oasis class ships. 

@Ashland Just to follow up --

I know that the foyer door can be locked when closed and opened with a sea pass card. Can you verify that the foyer door can be locked with an additional bolt lock (like each stateroom) as well?

I'm hoping someone else might remember that detail, we did not have any small children, just a teen, so I am not remembering if there was also a dead bolt. I do remember realizing that a small child could not get out into the hallway without a parent being aware as the doors would be too heavy for a young child to open. If there is a deadbolt you would have to be sure everyone was in for the night before doing it but honestly I was just impressed with the security of it and don't remember if I used a deadbolt, maybe someone else who went more recently? Its a huge ship so we knew it would be a long walk to the elevators, worked off those meals! We only had to wait for another elevator rarely, not nearly as often as we did on the other class ships, Oasis class is still our fav but honestly I can't wait to sail on more ICON class as well, great for families.

2 hours ago, nwamrine said:

@Ashland Just to follow up --

I know that the foyer door can be locked when closed and opened with a sea pass card. Can you verify that the foyer door can be locked with an additional bolt lock (like each stateroom) as well?

Sorry, that bit of detail I'm not sure of.

6 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

The elevators are flawed.  Unfortunately non in aft of ship- very long walk.  Also when you prress the button indicating the floor you want, no place to input # of passengers- so elevator at times very crowded.  Dining was wonderful, so many options as was entertainment.  If you are in a suite- we found the surfside family suite to be a true disappointment.  It is small- so little storage- a good concept- but should be 30% larger.  Suite lounge and restaurant- dark and dreary. sticking to Oasis class ships. 

We had two SurfSide Suites and I will agree with you about those and it's lack of storage. The swing around TV was ridiculous for viewing. Our young (10 yo) grandson loved that little sleeping area but we certainly won't book that category again.

We also didn't care for the SL to share space with the Coastal Kitchen. But we had an amazing bartender (Gerry) that made a nightly juice drink for the kids and they loved him. So for us it was in/out quickly.

• Like 1

Please answer this question (to settle a friendly disagreement): Does Icon of the Seas have a skating rink with ice shows? If so, do I have to make reservations or first come, first served?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ptf2009 said:

Please answer this question (to settle a friendly disagreement): Does Icon of the Seas have a skating rink with ice shows? If so, do I have to make reservations or first come, first served?

Yes there is an ice rink. Icon had a couple of shows but it's a round rink not the oval type shape on other ships..so a bit smaller. There was a Starburst Elemental which we had reservations for (walk up also available but this one filled up fast so reservations suggested) and a family type ice show with Captain Awesome ... that one didn't require reservation.

There is also open skating at certain times that will be listed in the Cruise Compass.

Edited by Ashland

• 3 weeks later...