Gratuity for Limousine

hsfrank

on my upcoming cruise with Silver seas, it’s door-to-door with gratuities included. Part of it includes pick up at your door and delivery to the airport. I’ve been unsuccessful in finding out whether gratuities to the driver of the limo are included with this service. Has anyone had any experience with this, and can provide an answer? 

11 minutes ago, hsfrank said:

on my upcoming cruise with Silver seas, it’s door-to-door with gratuities included. Part of it includes pick up at your door and delivery to the airport. I’ve been unsuccessful in finding out whether gratuities to the driver of the limo are included with this service. Has anyone had any experience with this, and can provide an answer? 

I’m in the same position, and I intend to tip the driver. 

On a previous land trip where my transportation to/from airport was included, they made a point of stating that a gratuity to the driver was not included because it couldn’t be done operationally. I don’tcknow if the same is true with Blacklane, but I’m going to assume so. 

From Blacklane's help articles: https://help.blacklane.com/en/articles/2689410-do-i-need-to-tip-the-chauffeur

Do I need to tip the chauffeur?
Updated over a week ago

No. Tips and gratuities are already included in our rates, as well as all taxes, tolls, and fees.

The only exception is for rides in New York where you have the option to provide a tip for your chauffeur via a different process. After your ride in New York is finished, you will receive an email to rate your experience. This email will contain a link that you can use to tip your chauffeur, if you wish to do so.

If a chauffeur requests any form of payment or advertises alternative services, please let us know by providing feedback after the ride.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, geekgirl23 said:

From Blacklane's help articles: https://help.blacklane.com/en/articles/2689410-do-i-need-to-tip-the-chauffeur

Do I need to tip the chauffeur?
Updated over a week ago

No. Tips and gratuities are already included in our rates, as well as all taxes, tolls, and fees.

The only exception is for rides in New York where you have the option to provide a tip for your chauffeur via a different process. After your ride in New York is finished, you will receive an email to rate your experience. This email will contain a link that you can use to tip your chauffeur, if you wish to do so.

If a chauffeur requests any form of payment or advertises alternative services, please let us know by providing feedback after the ride.

Thanks for that. Less cash for me to carry.

On 6/9/2024 at 9:17 AM, hsfrank said:

As others have said, it is not necessary to tip the driver. However, I will tip depending on the safety, helpfulness, and personally of the driver. If the driver does not obey the speed limit and is not courteous to other drivers then no tip from me.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, gcornell said:

Well since we are sharing… I tip once. Never twice. 

It is definitely personal choice.

Some feel differently ie that a tip is a personal gift to a person providing the service directly from the person receiving and appreciating it.  

Some also feel that a fully inclusive cruise transaction (which may or possibly or probably may not actually in reality include any gratuity) to Silversea through to Blacklane through to their local limo company and then hoping something if anything will get to the specific driver who drove you, to many isn’t quite the same!   You may not have actually paid the driver any gratuity for a number of possible reasons. 

You should only do whatever makes you happy.  Enjoy your cruise.

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
  • Like 2