Latest disembarkation time or Extend Your Stay?

We will be docking in Barcelona and we’re looking at our options to spend some time before we can check into our hotel (Las Ramblas area). We have visited a few times previously, so we are not interested in doing any excursions. Can someone please jog my memory on what the latest disembarkation time is without doing extend your stay? Thanks

1 hour ago, luv2ndhalf said:

We will be docking in Barcelona and we’re looking at our options to spend some time before we can check into our hotel (Las Ramblas area). We have visited a few times previously, so we are not interested in doing any excursions. Can someone please jog my memory on what the latest disembarkation time is without doing extend your stay? Thanks

Surely your hotel will store your bag until your room is ready?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

The good ones do. 🙂

I've also found that many times, especially in cities which receive a lot of international flights, rooms may actually be ready before check-out time.

Or else I've just gotten lucky in my trips to London, Barcelona, Dublin, Florence, and Rome in that I've always been given my room when I arrived at the hotel after my international flight.

But it's always worth asking.

8 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Surely your hotel will store your bag until your room is ready?

I'm sure they will....Just not sure if we'd rather spend a little more time on the ship or in the Las Ramblas area- Ideally I'd like to leave the ship around 11:00, so trying to determine if it is worth paying for the couple extra hours with Extend Your Stay

3 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I've also found that many times, especially in cities which receive a lot of international flights, rooms may actually be ready before check-out time.

Or else I've just gotten lucky in my trips to London, Barcelona, Dublin, Florence, and Rome in that I've always been given my room when I arrived at the hotel after my international flight.

I think you've gotten lucky!  On multiple international trips, I have rarely been able to check in upon arriving unless I arrive after or close to the hotel's normal check in time.   But I have always been able to leave my bags at the hotel so that I can start my sightseeing.  

Even with Extend Your Stay, you have to be out of your cabin early, keeping your carry-on bag with you, right?  If it were me and I wasn't interested in sightseeing, I'd rather drop my bags at the hotel and sit in a cafe somewhere with coffee than hang around on the ship in the public areas on disembarkation day which is not at all like a normal day onboard.   

Whatever you decide, have a great cruise. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I am originally from New Orleans, but I live in Lubbock, Texas. I have season tickets for The Saints. I stay at The Wyndham on Royal Street when I am in town for the games. They know that people fly in for the games, but that their rooms will not be ready until 2 p.m. when the game is (usually) happening. Thus, people fly in, stop at the hotel, check in their luggage to the cloak room, and head to the game. After the game, you go back to the hotel, grab your luggage and check in. 🙂

We had booked Extend Your Stay In Singapore earlier this year and were really frustrated to have it cancelled during our cruise leaving me scrambling for an alternative since we had a late flight out. I wouldn’t book it again. We did end up finding a day room that worked out fine.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/9/2024 at 7:09 PM, luv2ndhalf said:

Barcelona Day tours will take you and your luggage for a tour then to your hotel. I’ve used them twice and I highly recommend   We went to Monserrate.  

Edited by yogini06
  • Thanks 1